What color did you order ?

What color did you order your new Ranger in ?

• Total voters

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
There you go, we are up by 1 :) Magnetic was the colour I was looking at and it was what I ended up buying off the lot, so I guess that counts;)
Sponsored

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
I have overlooked this thread somehow, my vote has now brought Magnetic into a tied for 2nd.
There you go, we are up by 1 :) Magnetic was the colour I was looking at and it was what I ended up buying off the lot, so I guess that counts;)
Magnetic here.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I haven't ordered yet so I haven't voted, but the two colours that I'm considering turn out to be the least common... white platinum and shadow black.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Its funny that black is so low, I didnt want it either but when the first 25 trucks showed on Ford inventory in Ontario, 14 of them were black!

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
If we didn't already have a magnetic colored Escape sitting in the driveway, I would have ordered the Ranger in this color instead of red.

djg1958

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln MKX
I just saw this today! I ordered the Hot Pepper Red. I love the blue but I have had a lot of blue vehicles in my lifetime! It was a hard choice to make! I hope I will like the red! Haven't seen one in person yet!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up ordering the White platinum. Never had a white vehicle before, but I take it on a lot of narrow forest service roads that are very brushy. My current Ranger is essentially a Magnetic color and I have to use "scratch hide" to hide the scratches from the brush. The white will hide the scratches better. The white platinum looks a little more classy than just plain white I think. I was tempted to order the hot pepper red, but I was concerned it was too orange. I've not been able to see that in person. I think I will be happy with the White Platinum. It looks like it will not be too common either.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
I ended up ordering the White platinum. Never had a white vehicle before, but I take it on a lot of narrow forest service roads that are very brushy. My current Ranger is essentially a Magnetic color and I have to use "scratch hide" to hide the scratches from the brush. The white will hide the scratches better. The white platinum looks a little more classy than just plain white I think. I was tempted to order the hot pepper red, but I was concerned it was too orange. I've not been able to see that in person. I think I will be happy with the White Platinum. It looks like it will not be too common either.
That was initially my first choice. I was completely locked in, no way I was changing. Then when it got close to actually ordering, I started waffling and considered the Blue, Red, White, Magnetic but once it came down to making the call, i went with Magnetic.The only thing I'm personally disappointed in as far as this first Ranger offering goes is the color choices.

If Ford ever comes out with a Ranger in Wimbledon White, I'll trade my truck in without giving it a second thought. Love that color. I remember I had an Oxford White Bronco II years ago. It got hit and insurance paid for a full repaint. The shop painted it in Wimbledon White and it looked great.

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
My local dealership just brought in an XLT in the Saber paint style. To my color blind eyes it just doesn't look right. Ordered my Lariat in Magnetic. Now just have to hope the wife doesn't see a lightning blue one in the wild...

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I've bought several white vehicles, and was prepared to do the same with the Ranger. But my wife thought I needed something different this time, so I was favoring Magnetic. But when we saw the Ranger at the San Antonio Auto Show, she preferred Ingot Silver. I still prefer Magnetic, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do - so Ingot Silver it is.

tny

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat 4x4
I am getting a Hot Pepper Red Lariat Supercab on June 9. It came out of the line yesterday.

I think it would be interesting to know the trims related to the colors.

In my quest for the replacement of my black Lariat F150, I found something interesting. For some reason, read it "late life crisis", I decided I wanted another F150 Lariat in an vibrant color. I started to look around and could not find any lightning blues or fire reds. The dealers had trucks in those two colors, but nothing higher that XLTs. Anything above that had to be factory order.

I checked the Platinums and the vibrant colors where not even in the catalog.

I got to the conclusion that only younger buyers look for vibrant colors and being more strapped for cash, they tend to buy XLTs.
On the other end, older may be in a better financial position and buy Lariats, but have become conservative and like subdued colors. So, dealers take no chance in ordering vibrant colors in higher trims.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
My current Ranger ('06) is a flat red with grey metallic rocker. My '10 Escape was Sangria Red metallic, which was a rich color because of the tinted clear coat. Traded it for a Deep Impact Blue metallic '15 Escape. I really thought that I wanted another red Ranger, because I kinda missed the Sangria Red. But after seeing the Saber in person, I felt a much bigger smile on my face looking at it than the red. To make sure, two Sundays in a row I visited the dealerships that had the Saber and the Hot Pepper Red. Would have been nice if the two colors had been at the same dealership so I could compare side-by-side instead of being 10 miles apart and comparing pictures.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
If you ordered or did not order I think it would be interesting to see what the most popular color is. Guess is Blue is going to be the Color with the most votes. :)
Sponsored