Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
What's everyone doing for extra lighting? A pillar, fog, work, whatever. If your answer is nothing, sit back. I'm curious about what supplemental lighting you've done.
Sponsored

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
What's everyone doing for extra lighting? A pillar, fog, work, whatever. If your answer is nothing, sit back. I'm curious about what supplemental lighting you've done.
I have a 10" Rigid light bar hanging from the bottom of my Warn Baja tubes that is wired into my cab and I am very happy with it.

rigid.jpeg

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Nice. Got more pics of your truck? I want to see that bumper on that rig.
Thanks. The pics don't show the vinyl lettering I added to the "RANGER" on the grille.

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
I have Baja designs Led lights.

I like the low profile look of the S1 and S2s and they put out quite ample amount of light for its size.

For ditch/ hood lights I used the S1 sports on a
Diode Dynamics bracket kit.
For Aux lighting up front, I used S2 sport combo. ( driving/ wide)
I also replaced the oem fogs with a BD SAE amber fog light kit.

33701818-FFCE-4217-A9A2-799C9A9533DC.jpeg

3D5B90A3-08AD-4567-91E4-D55F1117687F.jpeg

29CE4E47-744B-46DA-9B73-4711527285E5.jpeg

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That looks so good.

Do you find the yellow fog to actually be better than the white? I don't know why I'm so reluctant to believe it, and yet...
Yes, in my experience...Amber is better for foggy conditions and snow.
(your area or needs may vary) In our area here, we get intermittent foggy conditions esp near the shores of Long Island.

OP
OP
tehschkott

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cat herder
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, in my experience...Amber is better for foggy conditions and snow.
(your area or needs may vary) In our area here, we get intermittent foggy conditions esp near the shores of Long Island.
Hey also, what little light bar are you using in your gallery pics? I know you got rid of it in favor for the mounting of those fellas along side the winch, but frankly I have that same winch and mount and am already concerned I'm going to have an off-camber pull at a weird angle and will destroy anything mounted where you have them. No offense, just... my use case tends to be a little rougher than most. Crap like that I have to think about. That funky little light bar though? That might get me where I'm going.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty slick. Very clean. So what are they?
Amazon stuff. The bars are “middle grade” (10w per Led vs 5w) and my sides and rear are “low grade” (require opening and resealing to prevent leaking). Once I find a setup im satisfied witheverything will be replaced with Diode Dynamics stage series lighting.

Amazon lights work for me now because its hassle free return shipping and credit if I dont like something in particular. Weird strategy im sure but it cost me nothing to swap around.

Edit: I might add that Diode Dynamics has a store on Amazon so. So as long as I do this within the allotted return time frame I can still use my credits towards the end products.

Last edited:

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey also, what little light bar are you using in your gallery pics? I know you got rid of it in favor for the mounting of those fellas along side the winch, but frankly I have that same winch and mount and am already concerned I'm going to have an off-camber pull at a weird angle and will destroy anything mounted where you have them. No offense, just... my use case tends to be a little rougher than most. Crap like that I have to think about. That funky little light bar though? That might get me where I'm going.
SVC light bar...pretty cool and hefty.
I posted some pics of the install, here:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/svc-offroad-baja-light-bar.4368/page-2#post-196381

Btw, there’s plenty of room between and under the lights.
( in my younger days, I would prob have the same concerns, but I don’t do that type of wheelin anymore. lol )

OP
OP
tehschkott

tehschkott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cat herder