Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
OK - Make it a top 10 if you must.

@Jacob 's comment on the Oil Filter Thread about Project Farm got me thinking... We might have a lot of overlapping interests here. I might discover some great YouTube channels that you watch if we do have overlapping interests.

So what channels are on your top 3, 5, or 10 list? Maybe it's just a top 1 favorite.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTGallop

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I don't subscribe to any and only regularly check out one channel: Doug Demuro. He does exotic/rare car reviews and drives some stuff that most people can only dream of. The guy has made a name for himself - 3.5M subscribers. And he actually insures the cars he drives, sometimes up to 10M$ for one day. Because of his professionalism and following, wealthy people keep throwing their big dollar cars at him to drive. What a job.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't subscribe to any and only regularly check out one channel: Doug Demuro. He does exotic/rare car reviews and drives some stuff that most people can only dream of. The guy has made a name for himself - 3.5M subscribers. And he actually insures the cars he drives, sometimes up to 10M$ for one day. Because of his professionalism and following, wealthy people keep throwing their big dollar cars at him to drive. What a job.

Hi Folks,

Another back story...This one was embarrassing to me. My secretary let me know a fellow from Public Affairs was on the line...something about a Ferrari. ??? So I picked up the phone and it was a fellow that I knew from my managing off road racing and the SCCA racetruck series that I had inadvertently started (another thread). How would I like to be given the keys to a Ferrari TestaRosa. Thinking I should say no...I said sure. Now there were some stipulations....Welll Okay what are these stipulations. I could only have the Ferrari for about 3 hours and then I had to deiver it to World Headquarters for some big wig VP to drive. Also, It could not be driven on anything but Ford Property.. Okay, so I met the fellow and here is this absolutely gorgeous low slung Ferrari TestaRosa.,V 12 engined work of art. So I climbed behind the wheel and drove it around the Ford Engineering complex...then decided to take over to the Dearborn Proving Grounds (DPG). I used my access card to access the high speed test track, speed limit 85 mph. I put my foot into the wonderful sounding V 12 and the speedo reached 145 mph...I backed it down but too late...the Test Track folks in their Bronco were heading to me...so I ducked off the track for a moment and then headed to the handling course which I knew very well from all the testing of my SCCA racetruck Test Mule. So taking it slow I was amazed at the handling....What fun!! Then I decided to push the Ferrari to limit on the handling course. What I did not know was that Canada geese landed on the track and as I came flying around the final sweeping turn I hit the goose shit and the Ferrari and I rocketed off course into the muddy grass. Yikes! Well, the car and I came to a halt. The Ferrari was mud coated and I had to deliver it to World Headquarters!... Wounded dignity and all, I sedately drove the Ferrari over to the Engineering Car Wash, figuring this would clean it up pretty well.... No go! The Ferrari was too wide and too low work....Crap...Now what?...so I drove to the Fire Station a half block away. I asked I I could have a Garden hose laying on the drive that they used to wash the Firetrucks. to wash off the mud. The firemen, puzzled, said sure so I pulled the Ferrari up to the hose...So here I am washing the Ferrari in my Suit and tie and the Firemen that poured out of the Firehouse were laughing and making fun of me....I must have been beat red with embarrassment, but Hey...how many people ever got to drive a Ferrari, much less the top of the line Ferrari at the time....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Last edited:

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
VINwiki, 1320video, cleetus mcfarland, boosted boiz (for the internal ricer inside of me), matt's offroad recovery

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Then I decided to push the Ferrari to limit on the handling course. What I did not know was that Canada geese landed on the track and as I came flying around the final sweeping turn I hit the goose shit and the Ferrari and I rocked off course into the muddy grass.
Hahah, damn geese, I've had enough of my own issues with them on Wisconsin race tracks. And let me tell you, when you only have 2 wheels, it doesn't go quite as well as being able to just hose things off. :D It doesn't matter how fast you're going, you hit a patch of that greasy stuff, you're going down!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Extreme philly fishing
4wd action
mustie1
squatch253
elderlyiron

not really in that order

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
1. 4WD Action
2. DefenderOrkney
3. Aussie Four Wheelers
4. Ronny Dahl
5. Sidetracked Australia
6. Fast Lane Truck
7. 4WD New Zealand

I watch a lot of Oz stuff because I’m not a Jeep guy and never was big Tacomas. There’s more rig variety in the Oz videos and they have more gnarly trails.

BTW: check out mine! If you like hardcore 4x4ing, you’ll enjoy this video (some other cool trips on my profile too from when I lived in Guatemala)

Pvsaint

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2014 Tiffin Phaeton Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Fire Captain
Hi Folks,

Another back story...This one was embarrassing to me. My secretary let me know a fellow from Public Affairs was on the line...something about a Ferrari. ??? So I picked up the phone and it was a fellow that I knew from my managing off road racing and the SCCA racetruck series that I had inadvertently started (another thread). How would I like to be given the keys to a Ferrari TestaRosa. Thinking I should say no...I said sure. Now there were some stipulations....Welll Okay what are these stipulations. I could only have the Ferrari for about 3 hours and then I had to deiver it to World Headquarters for some big wig VP to drive. Also, It could not be driven on anything but Ford Property.. Okay, so I met the fellow and here is this absolutely gorgeous low slung Ferrari TestaRosa.,V 12 engined work of art. So I climbed behind the wheel and drove it around the Ford Engineering complex...then decided to take over to the Dearborn Proving Grounds (DPG). I used my access card to access the high speed test track, speed limit 85 mph. I put my foot into the wonderful sounding V 12 and the speedo reached 145 mph...I backed it down but too late...the Test Track folks in their Bronco were heading to me...so I ducked off the track for a moment and then headed to the handling course which I knew very well from all the testing of my SCCA racetruck Test Mule. So taking it slow I was amazed at the handling....What fun!! Then I decided to push the Ferrari to limit on the handling course. What I did not know was that Canada geese landed on the track and as I came flying around the final sweeping turn I hit the goose shit and the Ferrari and I rocketed off course into the muddy grass. Yikes! Well, the car and I came to a halt. The Ferrari was mud coated and I had to deliver it to World Headquarters!... Wounded dignity and all, I sedately drove the Ferrari over to the Engineering Car Wash, figuring this would clean it up pretty well.... No go! The Ferrari was too wide and too low work....Crap...Now what?...so I drove to the Fire Station a half block away. I asked I I could have a Garden hose laying on the drive that they used to wash the Firetrucks. to wash off the mud. The firemen, puzzled, said sure so I pulled the Ferrari up to the hose...So here I am washing the Ferrari in my Suit and tie and the Firemen that poured out of the Firehouse were laughing and making fun of me....I must have been beat red with embarrassment, but Hey...how many people ever got to drive a Ferrari, much less the top of the line Ferrari at the time....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Firemen operate boilers. FireFIGHTERS put out fires. Apology accetped! ?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Firemen operate boilers. FireFIGHTERS put out fires. Apology accetped! ?
Hi Paul.

A learning experience on fireman vs firefighters. Thanks for the clarification. Fire Fighters it is!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
old thread but im bored cant sleep
no certain order on my youtube favs

618 fishing - a young guy catching fish, a few types i dont have here so its fun to watch.

matts off road recovery - cool builds, utah scenery

abandoned and forgotten places - guy exploring old mines i wouldnt go in if paid.

abandoned and forgotten footage- same as above but more laughs. has not posted much lately. hope he does.

itchy boots - must for 2 wheel overland folks, the lady is cute too.

project farm - a must for any guy that likes tools and engines. i like his blunt results and no paid reviews.

tvr exploring - guys exploring places like mines, caves, old scrap yards.
Sponsored