TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Hi Guys -

So curious here. . . Anyone have WeatherTech mats in their Ranger?

If so…

Any of you guys have an issue with them sliding in the passenger side since their is no buttons for them to snap into?

My girl is 105LBS lol.. she gets into the truck and she realizes that the WeatherTech slides on the carpet … Weird that there is no snaps on a passenger side compared to drivers side?

Thanks -
R
Sponsored

Superspirit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
I have weathertech in my mustang they come with a cleated anchor for the passenger side, maybe you could reach out to weathertech and see if you could get a set. They keep the liner in place in the mustang and it's a big long liner.

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
I always go with Weathertech floor mats in my vehicles, My Ranger has no carpet. The ordering for the floor mats questioned whether my Ranger had carpet and came with stick down posts to hold them in place. I installed them w/o the stick down posts and I am happy to say the mats are staying in place with no sliding.

nevada.tracy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Hi Guys -

If so…

Any of you guys have an issue with them sliding in the passenger side since their is no buttons for them to snap into?

My girl is 105LBS lol.. she gets into the truck and she realizes that the WeatherTech slides on the carpet … Weird that there is no snaps on a passenger side compared to drivers side?

Thanks -
R
My weather techs passenger side does the same thing. I used a piece of 1" wide piece of Velcro about 4 " long. Only the hook side of the Velcro is needed, carpet acts like the other side. Holds mat in place sometimes too well. Also my mats aren't quite the right size don't quite fit tight

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
For the first time in a long time, I bought Husky brand mats for my new Ranger (basically a knock-off of a Weatherech Mat). My wife is also small (100lbs/5'0") and the passenger side seems to stay put for her so far.

I think I would probably try what nevada.tracy did with some genuine 3M industrial grade hook side Velcro. Should only take a couple of small pieces on the seat end of the mat to do the trick.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Weathertech sells 2 types
Floor liners - a bit Plasticy and I guess more prone to slide.
Floor mats - full rubber. I have these and mine don't slide.

But others have said. I have used their mats for, well, decades!

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I have weathertech in my mustang they come with a cleated anchor for the passenger side, maybe you could reach out to weathertech and see if you could get a set. They keep the liner in place in the mustang and it's a big long liner.
Yeah good idea. I might have to see where one is locally???

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I always go with Weathertech floor mats in my vehicles, My Ranger has no carpet. The ordering for the floor mats questioned whether my Ranger had carpet and came with stick down posts to hold them in place. I installed them w/o the stick down posts and I am happy to say the mats are staying in place with no sliding.
With that being said, I didn’t order them… they come custom with my truck, but absolutely would have loved no carpet under these. I still have the carpet and carpet mats with the flooring…?

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
My weather techs passenger side does the same thing. I used a piece of 1" wide piece of Velcro about 4 " long. Only the hook side of the Velcro is needed, carpet acts like the other side. Holds mat in place sometimes too well. Also my mats aren't quite the right size don't quite fit tight
I like it… will check Target today for some 3M ??

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
Weathertech sells 2 types
Floor liners - a bit Plasticy and I guess more prone to slide.
Floor mats - full rubber. I have these and mine don't slide.

But others have said. I have used their mats for, well, decades!
Wanna post a pic? I didn’t know two different ones??

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys -

If so…

Thanks -
R
105#? 2 legs or 4? For two, she's one petite girl lol...I'd say 305# might shift it around...my wife's never mentioned any movement...I've been on that side to work on the dash and never noticed any shifting...the bowl shape of the mat keeps it from going in any direction in my case...

OP
OP
TheRoushRanger046

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
105#? 2 legs or 4? For two, she's one petite girl lol...I'd say 305# might shift it around...my wife's never mentioned any movement...I've been on that side to work on the dash and never noticed any shifting...
? … married a 105LBS goat I guess ?

I do realize that I spray (under the mat) the smell good for the truck being the vent is under the glove box on that side. Maybe the carpet gets slipped and the rubber slides from the wet carpet from the spray???

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
? … married a 105LBS goat I guess ?

I do realize that I spray (under the mat) the smell good for the truck being the vent is under the glove box on that side. Maybe the carpet gets slipped and the rubber slides from the wet carpet from the spray???
That could be the culprit!
Not a bad idea though ?
Sponsored