svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the others, this is intended to work like this. It's the truck or the occupants, simple choice really.

Okay Folks,

Another Back Story.
Reading those words always brings a smile to my face :)

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
its from down under...shouldnt they be spinning it the other way?
They did, but since we're above the equator, it shows the way we see it now :confused:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They did, but since we're above the equator, it shows the way we see it now :confused:
Hi RP,

Well, after our two month RV trip in New Zealand and Australia, I can assure you that water down the drain does indeed spiral in the opposite direction.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
modern cars are designed to crunch, manufactures want the cars to absorb the impact instead of the people inside.
it really doesn't take much to tweak the frame
Absolutely correct sir,
I remember co-responding to a nasty single-vehicle crash in 2008 or so, the driver was the head coach for the local university's football team.
Evidently the coach fell asleep at the wheel of his mid-2000's Lincoln Town Car and crashed head-on into a substantial concrete support column on the highway.
The Lincoln was toast, the engine and trans were pushed back into the passenger compartment.
In crashes of this nature, we are trained to treat for major internal hemorrhaging because of contact with the steering wheel, despite SRS deployment.
We had an acronym for trauma cases like this, PUHA, PackUpHaulAss, miraculously the good Coach survived, he suffered a torn aorta and a ruptured spleen, needless to say, his recovery was very lengthly.
That Town Car, with its energy-absorbing body design, saved his life, much better for the vehicle to absorb the energy than your body.
It's rumored that when he was able to drive again that he insisted on driving another Town Car, and nothing else.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking on Kelly blue book today for the trade in value for a 2019 Ford Ranger super crew xlt 4x4 and the value was 27000 to 28000 and change, the miles on the trade was 2700 miles, so it looks like to me the Ranger is totaled and Carfax would hit it hard for damage and value.
Just saying , I'm not a genius but ect...

1116170705.jpg

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I was looking on Kelly blue book today for the trade in value for a 2019 Ford Ranger super crew xlt 4x4 and the value was 27000 to 28000 and change, the miles on the trade was 2700 miles, so it looks like to me the Ranger is totaled and Carfax would hit it hard for damage and value.
Just saying , I'm not a genius but ect...

1116170705.jpg
Indeed Levi, I'd have to say that Fido agrees!

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
I'll give you an expert opinion if you want one and if you accept it. A couple of items to make sure we are one the same page. First off, that is not a 25 MPH impact. My 30 plus years in collision and structural repair experience indicates far greater speed was involved causing that damage. Angle of impact is highly important as well. The truck did it's job and you should be thankful for that. I enjoy performing a frame swap. That's the easy part. The other damage that is present can/could be a tremendous amount of work. If a qualified tech is in charge of the repair, the truck will be fine. That's the unknown factor in the situation. In Kentucky, you have the right to pick your repair facility. Would I personally be comfortable performing the repair, absolutely. I've seen other so-called techs that I wouldn't trust to repair my wheelbarrow. It's the same in any job. Some people care, some don't. That's why malpractice insurance exist because not all medical doctors are created equal. Do some research and choose your repair facility wisely, drive it and then decide if you are comfortable with it.
Good assessment of the matter! Thankyou. In Michigan & Ohio u may pick ur own repair shop as well. Ppl sometimes just go along w/ all the Ins Co recommends . Choose ur own well qualified an recommended shop always.
Sponsored