WARNING for STX and XL buyers!

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
The F150's and up all have that same tiny screen in the barebones trucks. Nothing new.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
The F150's and up all have that same tiny screen in the barebones trucks. Nothing new.
With all the pictures on websites, ford literature,brochures etc... Not one example is shown.

At any rate, buyers should be informed and not blindsided. Ford should be proud enough of the value and desirability of all trim levels to present accurate information.
The XL actually has an attractive interior trim level which many may find to be a better choice.
If you would call the STX 2wd coupe :muscle: a"barebones" truck, then I assume you would call the "Lariat FX4 sedan":piggybank: a "morbidly obese truck"??;) :giggle: just kidding:giggle:

To expropriate your metaphorical modifier... the STX Fleshes out The XL trim level without paying for a Quaife... the "hairstyle"(not the "Limited Slip differential" which you can't get from Ford at any price!):LOL:

I remember when " Radio,heater and whitewalls" was advertised as "fully equipped":rolleyes:

Last edited:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I remember when a CST on the door was the top of the line.

Marc F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4
I got to see one in person today and I am glad to say that it is much better than the video screenshot shown in the original post!
In fact it is down right tolerable and 10 years more advanced than the Apple 2E! (at least 1990ish!)
I didn't drive the truck, so I am still left with a couple of questions.
How does it display which gear when in sport mode and what does the productivity screen display look like when it shows all gears.
I would LOVE it if it only showed which gear you were in at all times?

It is just a matter of taste and all rangers are nice,...
but I really like the color and trim choices on the STX and the dash coloration and the wheel material better than the higher trim levels.
So much so that the productivity screen may be worth the sacrifice!
I am officially back to being excited about my choices and my purchase.
Now if only I could be happy with the insane waiting period.
I have an STX. To my knowledge it doesn't show which gear you are in. Personally that doesn't bother me, but clearly others will feel different. I normally have that screen set to the digital speedometer and its just matter of clicking the up arrow to see the MPG info.

The electronics suit me well for what I need, still receive text messages and have Bluetooth connectively for music/podcasts and phone calls. I'm glad I took the savings versus upgrading to the XLT.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I have an STX. To my knowledge it doesn't show which gear you are in. Personally that doesn't bother me, but clearly others will feel different. I normally have that screen set to the digital speedometer and don't have an issue reading the display.
Kinda what I figgered... Thanks!:party:
Sponsored

Last edited: