WARNING for STX and XL buyers!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
For those of you who are considering an XL or STX Ranger, you need to see the Productivity Screen!
Any one reading about content already knows the you will get a 2.3" productivity screen with an XL trim level.
This is true apparently unless you order the STX AND order the "Copilot 360 full suite"
I only say that because for three months now I have searched for details on my STX

Ford offers NO help...
YOU TUBE videos which show the dash, almost all have the same productivity screen as the XLT.
This is apparently because those trucks have the full suite "Copilot 360"

Now I realized that I was getting a smaller screen with supposedly the same informational read out,
But I was not prepared for the screen supplied with the XL and STX.
It could at least offer white graphics and readable text, but it doesn't.
Can you say...APPLE 2E??

The screen size if measured diagonally is roughly that of 1/3 of a business card.
I would say that it was designed to encourage the purchase of an XLT or Lariat, but that simply can not be so.

Since this is Ford's best kept secret, it can only be intended to insult the XL buyers and to punish them for doing so.
Here is the screen shot which took me so long to find that I could no longer change my order.
I will live with it, but it should have been shown in the sales literature and revealed to potential buyers!

upload_2019-4-8_21-52-44.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Oof, I'd need binoculars to ready that at a glance. Can't believe they even offer a trim with that small of a screen TBH.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I think there are a lot of older customers that are perfectly happy with this, if not prefer it.

But I agree there should be more notice on this.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think there are a lot of older customers that are perfectly happy with this, if not prefer it.

I'm 67 YO and I just hope I'm still around when my over promised and under delivered truck arrives.
I also hope that this is my last surprise... because surprises are seldom good things!;):giggle:

Reactions: Doc

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Yowza!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase

You young stupid can't do anything without a screen in front of you telling you what to do. Lol

PhysSDK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Pretty clear on the website. It says what is standard and what is included in the STX. Nowhere does it mention that screen is upgraded in STX. In fact the STX package is called an appearance package. Ford is in the business of making money not giving stuff away for free, they will minimize features and maximize MSRP whenever possible.

Wordiestdata

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fiesta
To my understanding the XL trim is mostly for a bare-bone work truck. If you want features get an XLT or Lariat?

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty clear on the website. It says what is standard and what is included in the STX. Nowhere does it mention that screen is upgraded in STX. In fact the STX package is called an appearance package. Ford is in the business of making money not giving stuff away for free, they will minimize features and maximize MSRP whenever possible.
It is fairly clear that the productivity screen is small, there is certainly nothing clear about the inferior quality of the graphics.
My intent was to make it clear for those who might otherwise be deceived or disappointed.
If the intent was to maximize profit they would make it clear and sell more of the better screen with the Co-pilot 360 with which it is apparently upgraded.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To my understanding the XL trim is mostly for a bare-bone work truck. If you want features get an XLT or Lariat?
So you haven't seen an STX or the options list?
To my understanding the STX is mostly for a buyer who understands value.
The STX with Copilot 360 suite is not bare bones.
Still clarity and honest representation of any product will produce more profit and happier buyers.

Last edited:

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
The information is there...you just had to understand what you were looking at, at the time and been curious to research further. Personally, I don't see a problem. It's simple/basic but provides essential information if really needed. Seems to me the font is close to the size of the speedometer numbers. Looks readable to me, but I'm looking at it through 54 yo, young color blind eyes ;-). I have an informational screen and other than using it to see if I can break a personal MPG record on my commute to work, I never use it..just me, I know.
Picture1.png

Video of operation
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehi...strument-cluster/2-3-productivity-screen.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you haven't seen an STX or the options list?
The information is there...you just had to understand what you were looking at, at the time and been curious to research further. Personally, I don't see a problem. It's simple/basic but provides essential information if really needed. Seems to me the font is close to the size of the speedometer numbers. Looks readable to me, but I'm looking at it through 54 yo, young color blind eyes ;-). I have an informational screen and other than using it to see if I can break a personal MPG record on my commute to work, I never use it..just me, I know.
Picture1.png

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehi...strument-cluster/2-3-productivity-screen.html
Great, I'm gonna love mine too if I ever see it.
Now at least those interested will have a better idea of their choices without any surprise.

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
This is why I purchase off the lot. I know exactly what I am getting.

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is why I purchase off the lot. I know exactly what I am getting.
I got to see one in person today and I am glad to say that it is much better than the video screenshot shown in the original post!
In fact it is down right tolerable and 10 years more advanced than the Apple 2E! (at least 1990ish!)
I didn't drive the truck, so I am still left with a couple of questions.
How does it display which gear when in sport mode and what does the productivity screen display look like when it shows all gears.
I would LOVE it if it only showed which gear you were in at all times?

It is just a matter of taste and all rangers are nice,...
but I really like the color and trim choices on the STX and the dash coloration and the wheel material better than the higher trim levels.
So much so that the productivity screen may be worth the sacrifice!
I am officially back to being excited about my choices and my purchase.
Now if only I could be happy with the insane waiting period.

Last edited:

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I got to see one in person today and I am glad to say that it is much better than the video screenshot shown in the original post!
In fact it is down right tolerable and 10 years more advanced than the Apple 2E! (at least 1990ish!)
I didn't drive the truck, so I am still left with a couple of questions.
How does it display which gear when in sport mode and what does the productivity screen display look like when it shows all gears.
I would LOVE it if it only showed which gear you were in at all times?

It is just a matter of taste and all rangers are nice,...
but I really like the color and trim choices on the STX and the dash coloration and the wheel material better than the higher trim levels.
So much so that the productivity screen may be worth the sacrifice!
I am officially back to being excited about my choices and my purchase.
Now if only I could be happy with the insane waiting period.
Good to hear! Hope it arrives soon!
Sponsored