very entertaining off road vid black bear pass

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
not my vid but there are some awesome views.

I laughed so hard! :crackup: I can totally relate to the lady passenger. There is NO WAY I could ever do that. I would literally have to get out and crawl down that mountain on my hands and knees - severe fear of heights.:frown: Think I'll keep my beautiful Ranger nearer sea level!:blush:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I laughed so hard! :crackup: I can totally relate to the lady passenger. There is NO WAY I could ever do that. I would literally have to get out and crawl down that mountain on my hands and knees - severe fear of heights.:frown: Think I'll keep my beautiful Ranger nearer sea level!:blush:
Hi Tracy,

We at Ford used this pass as part of our Ranger proveout. Her comments make me smile! Our Rangers navigated this pass without problem and validate the FX4 brand among other testing.

Wonderful memories of my "In the field testing" of Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Reiterd

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Tracy,

We at Ford used this pass as part of our Ranger proveout. Her comments make me smile! Our Rangers navigated this pass without problem and validate the FX4 brand among other testing.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Reiterd
It's definitely good to know I could do it if (Lord help me) I absolutely HAD to! :clap:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's definitely good to know I could do it if (Lord help me) I absolutely HAD to! :clap:
Hi Tracy,

I am certain you would have no problem, Take it slow. When you approach something that you need to assess. Get out of the truck and plan your vehicle placement. You will be amazed what these Rangers can do. It is low speed, but you have to trust not dropping a wheel off. Most times you need help with a spotter. So the take away if you can do this, but slowly and have a spotter on some switchbacks, Your reverse gear is needed for some turns, but really no big deal.

Some of these testings we put prototype Rangers through were just flat fun!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Hi Tracy,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Reiterd
I've done some stuff in the past that was pretty tough in a big 4x4 suburban when I worked for the USFS in UT. Was pretty funny that the midwestern boy (me) drove through it while the local guy and my other coworker bailed out of the vehicle because they were scared (they didn't even pretend to get out and spot me).

Nice to know that the Ranger is good on that stuff. I thought maybe it'd be too long for those tight switchbacks. The rocks didn't really concern me, though I'd definitely pucker when if I ever tried to drive them.

What was funniest about this vid to me was the juxtaposition of the driver whistling along to those oldies and the lady losing her mind.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
not my vid but there are some awesome views.

The faster you go the less time you have to be afraid. (Old District 37 Desert Racer logic)

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4