specific procedure to use FP to buy pivot box.

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
Tried to order the pivot box & two tie downs on Fri. Parts say they can't do it. I said OK, give me the part #s & I then went to the service dept. They said points are ONLY for service. I had them write up the parts anyway & I would check back on Mon. So, before I go tomorrow can someone point out the specific procedure.
I've read through all the threads & basically it seems people just told the dealer they could & then they did it.
Thanks
Al
Sponsored

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I got my box from the dealership I bought the truck from...The parts counter had to order the box an the service department had to deduct the points an apply the payment THEN I had to go back to the parts counter an pay the balance.

Joec6512

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew
Just ordered one of those boxes yesterday using my points. Talked to parts guy and he sent me over to service with a print out of the parts I wanted. Service guy punched something in the computer and said he’d give me a call when the stuff came in

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I called a local dealer, where I didn't buy the truck. Parts guy ordered the tool box and a bet mat and deducted the points from my account. I had 84,000, down to 5,774 now.

I was really surprised how easy it was.

OP
OP

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
Back to the dealer today. Service still didn't know what to do so went to the service manager. He said they would charge 55,000 points & the parts guys said the items would be in on the 14th. I'm happy.
Al

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
glad you got it done....my box took 3 or 4 days to arrive
Sponsored