First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger sport 4x4
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
So I pick up a set of Eibach pro lift kit for my 19 colt 4x4. And was thinking of getting upper control arms to go with it as I will be set the front to a 3 inch lift.
So I am asking what is out there and what arms are any of you using and where can I get a set. Searching has not drummed up much.
Cheers
Sponsored

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
here are a few I can think of Icon (what I chose and love them) Camburg, Total Chaos & BDS. there might a couple more

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Might I ask why you are looking at upper control arms? I have the Old Man EMU lift kit on my truck and have not replaced the upper control arms and I was able to get the alignment into specifications and the ride is still nice.

OP
OP
Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger sport 4x4
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Might I ask why you are looking at upper control arms? I have the Old Man EMU lift kit on my truck and have not replaced the upper control arms and I was able to get the alignment into specifications and the ride is still nice.
for me I am looking at UCa’s for ball joint articulation mostly. I like the idea of the ether Icon or fabtec and so on but just looking mor for if it is worth the cost.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Fair reasoning id say. Be aware that unless younare going crazy like the Baja then you should be fine. I run my truck offroad and it does just fine with the factory control arms. Now if you are looking at the idea of a long travel kit for articulation then it becomes a different story. That is my input on this.

OP
OP
Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger sport 4x4
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Fair reasoning id say. Be aware that unless younare going crazy like the Baja then you should be fine. I run my truck offroad and it does just fine with the factory control arms. Now if you are looking at the idea of a long travel kit for articulation then it becomes a different story. That is my input on this.
thanks that dose make sense

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
The main reason I chose the Icon UCA's is because after installation we cycled the suspension and found that the ball joint didn't even come close to binding in the full bump or full droop positions. They changed the geometry slightly to compensate and give additional clearance. An added benefit is you can add an additional degree of caster. I couldn't be any happier with the performance both on and offroad. With the reviews I read on this awesome forum it really helped with my decision.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The main reason I chose the Icon UCA's is because after installation we cycled the suspension and found that the ball joint didn't even come close to binding in the full bump or full droop positions. They changed the geometry slightly to compensate and give additional clearance. An added benefit is you can add an additional degree of caster. I couldn't be any happier with the performance both on and offroad. With the reviews I read on this awesome forum it really helped with my decision.
With the ICON UCA works with Fox 2.0 (set to 2.75 inch) coilovers? I just replace my tires from 265/65/17 stock to 295/70R17 and noticed that the stock UCA is almost 90 degrees. Im just wondering if UCAs improve or add a bit of lift?

ParkerAzJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ranger 2019 Ranger
With the ICON UCA works with Fox 2.0 (set to 2.75 inch) coilovers? I just replace my tires from 265/65/17 stock to 295/70R17 and noticed that the stock UCA is almost 90 degrees. Im just wondering if UCAs improve or add a bit of lift?
UCA's don't add any additional lift. They do slightly change the geometry to compensate for higher static ride height and make it easier to align the front end. I'd like to add that there are aluminum or cast iron spindles and the UCA's are specific to either spindle & limit your choices.

Last edited:

nrspence

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger FX4
Occupation
Wildland firefighter
I’ll be installing total chaos upper control arms to my cast iron spindles this week.
Sponsored