[Updated] Ranger Ford Performance Power Pack Performance Tune Software (M-9603-REB) Released!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
[Update April 15, 2020]

Now available!

Product Link:
2019-2020 RANGER ECOBOOST POWER PACK PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION (Retail $825)

Description:

Ford Performance calibration for 2019-2020 Ranger EcoBoost. The Ford Performance engineered performance calibration is a 50 state legal calibration for your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger that increases power and improves drive-ability throughout the rpm range.
  • 50 state legal - C.A.R.B. EO#: D-752-12
  • Ford Performance engineered and dyno tested
  • Improved drive-ability and throttle response throughout RPM range
  • Optimized shift schedule
  • Horsepower gain: 45 HP @ 4,500 RPM
  • Torque gain: 60 lb/ft @ 2,500 RPM
  • For U.S. and Canadian vehicles
  • Comes with Ford Performance 3yr/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician
  • Tire size configurable up to 265/70/17
  • Premium fuel only
  • Includes Ford Performance Pro Cal 4 calibration delivery tool M-12655-F
  • Includes Ford Performance high-flow K&N® air filter

Earlier posted (December 19, 2019) product info card:

cat=100&_nc_ohc=oaO_X9H5Z1kAQkwybAQSiRzIFSoeOEkSvZpI1k8bVrRDUdEnpAaJPLz8g&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

rmr76

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 (Daily), 1969 Chevy C10 (Weekend Toy)
Looks comparable to the Ford Performance tune for the Ecoboost Mustangs. My coworker has that on his Mustang and it gives a nice boost over stock in mid-range torque that you can feel. He said he did notice an MPG hit with it. Be interesting to see how it does on the Ranger.

r2t2k2

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
The packaging states it’s CARB EO compliant and 50 state legal. Remember Ford can deal with the fed and all the red tape way better than a small performance shop can. I wouldn’t expect that these tunes to be much better than stock, but they will/may show some improvements and will be CARB compliant.

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew Ranger in Shadow Black
Occupation
Tax CPA
According to the post I saw on the FB Ranger post, looks like there is one coming
cat=100&_nc_ohc=oaO_X9H5Z1kAQkwybAQSiRzIFSoeOEkSvZpI1k8bVrRDUdEnpAaJPLz8g&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg
Probably a stupid question, but tiresize configurable? Does that mean that they can adjust for 32.8" tires so the speedo is no longer off?

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
I wasn't planning on tuning my Ranger at all. If this is indeed offered directly by Ford w/ the factory warranty, I would certainly be interested. Much better numbers than the more conservative Rousch tune.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I wasn't planning on tuning my Ranger at all. If this is indeed offered directly by Ford w/ the factory warranty, I would certainly be interested. Much better numbers than the more conservative Rousch tune.
The warranty only states 3 year/36k miles.

I wonder if they will offer to extend it to 5 year/60k like the factory powertrain warranty?

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
The warranty only states 3 year/36k miles.

I wonder if they will offer to extend it to 5 year/60k like the factory powertrain warranty?
Good catch! I dont know why but I was mistaking the bumper to bumper 3y/36k for the 5y/60k powertrain warranty.

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
** A Word of Warning **
Even if this Ford Performance Tune is "warrantied", you need to be careful.
When I was researching a possible Ford Focus ST purchase, Ford Performance was offering a tune for it, but when I spoke to the service manager at my local Ford dealer, he said that they would "most likely" deny warrantee coverage on a Focus ST engine if it had this tune.
He said this in reference to the warrantee claim denials that had been given for some F150s that were running the Ford Performance tune at the time.