TSB: SSM 48026 - 2019 Ranger - SecuriCode Keyless-Entry Keypad - Inoperative Keyless Entry Key Pad

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
I know there are a few members here with 2 Rangers and also a few Ford Techs. Do any of you know if I program the key pads on my 19&20 with the same code will they interfere with each other ? Thanks Bret
FYI, just a follow up that for the few members here that have (2) 5G Rangers that the securicode pad can be programed with the same code and it doesn't interfere with the other. Bret
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Does anyone have a link to the official keypad SSM?

My keypad was dead when I picked the truck up, so they put a new battery in which lasted less than month. Then I changed it and it failed in 3 weeks.

I'm having a hard time getting my dealer to change the keypad. They keep wanting to "diagnose" it, and then put in another battery. Both the dealer I bought the truck from and a 2nd dealer just give me the run-around.
They don't seem to be aware of the SSM. I'm in Canada, so maybe it's not a valid number here.
If I can find an "official" copy of the SSM it might help.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic

My keypad was dead when I picked the truck up, so they put a new battery in which lasted less than month. Then I changed it and it failed in 3 weeks.

I'm having a hard time getting my dealer to change the keypad. They keep wanting to "diagnose" it, and then put in another battery. Both the dealer I bought the truck from and a 2nd dealer just give me the run-around.
They don't seem to be aware of the SSM. I'm in Canada, so maybe it's not a valid number here.
According to Ford you don't replace the battery, they need to replace the keypad. Mine has been replaced 2 times as they had a bad batch. Bret

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase

I don't have the SSM but I can show you that this dealer replaced mine .

Key pad waranty 1.jpg

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Thanks, but it looks as if that SSM isn't valid in Canada.
I'm on the phone with Ford Canada as I type this and the guy couldn't find that number.
I'm now on hold waiting for a supervisor.
Talk about frustrating. This is probably the cheapest item on the truck and I can't get if fixed.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Well Ford Canada service is all but useless. No help from the initial person and less help from his supervisor. They couldn't even tell me if there was a service bulletin on the keypad? They don't have access to that?!?
So after hanging up on the supervisor, (he just kept repeating the same thing over, and over :explode:) I contacted my salesman and asked him to push the manager to get the keypad replaced.
A couple hours later I got a call from the service department and they said the SSM I gave them was invalid, but they managed to find another bulletin about the keypad.
So they booked me in for Tuesday, so they can "diagnose" the problem.
"Ok, do you have a keypad in stock, so you can replace mine after your diagnosis"? "Uuumm, I'll call you back". Next day I get a call, "So, I've ordered the kepad. Can we book you in for Thursday"?

A major run around, but finally getting it fixed.

Couldn't have done it without the info from this forum! :rockon:

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
So for those of us in Canada, SSM 48026 is not valid and can not be found by the dealer, but SSM 48464 is available.
This is the same SSM # that gfitzge2 used (and posted).

Keypad repair1.jpg

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
So for those of us in Canada, SSM 48026 is not valid and can not be found by the dealer, but SSM 48464 is available.
This is the same SSM # that gfitzge2 used (and posted).
I probably would have blacked out the code :)

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4X4 Crew Cab
Have had ZERO issues with my 2019 Ranger Lariat. Took it in for 20k service and like others Keyless entrynquit working. Same shit - Aftermarket and not covered - I ordered mine while deployed from factory- special build - showed them sticker and they ordered a new keypad. I go in and service says it will be an hour... that was a month ago. They cooked my BCM and are now blaming Ford for corrupt software and can’t figure out how to correct the problem.. new BCM, new software.. No joy. They gave me a loaner after a week.. and while that is fine, I am not at all satisfied with this turn of events.. I liked the keyless and had it on an Explorer and never had an issue.. it’s unimaginable that a major motor company and dealer techs can’t figure this out..
Sponsored