Trying something different

bsr956

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4; 2013 Nissan Altima
I have stone cloth. My wife SWEARS she felt difference in the black vs stone, but then I put black & grey seat covers on.
Sponsored

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm shopping for a new-to-me Ranger too. What's uncomfortable about the leather to you? During the test drives I took the leather seats seemed just as comfortable as the cloth ones but they were maybe 10 minutes tops. What about the Tremor seats?
The leather seats are very hard.

The Tremor seats are not the same (wife has a Tremor). The Tremor seats are much more comfortable. I read somewhere while researching, that the leather seats lack some material that is standard on the cloth seats...something that sits between the leather and the metal springs below... more Ford QC issues or Ford deletes. Who knows. I was never able to substantiate it. However, my wife and daughter have both commented that my seats are considerably less comfortable than my wife's tremor.

Also, I agree with previous poster that the FX4 shocks suck A#$. I have replaced them and the ride is much better.

OP
OP
Oldandintheway
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2015 Escape SE 2.0
Occupation
IT
Welcome

I have a 2020 Lariat FX4 SCREW. A lot of people (including myself) that have the FX4 don't like the shocks/struts & rear leaf springs and changed them. Most people just change the shocks & struts. One of the main complaints is that it feels both harsh and floaty. I like the other options with this package. I never went off-roading with the stock FX4 suspension, so can't say how it rides. As I've stated in other threads; I went a little more extreme with the suspension and upgraded to the Icon 2.5 stage 6 package. A lot of people seem to like the Bilstein 5100's all around as the front struts give you the option to level the truck.

Just my opinion. You need to drive it yourself and make your own decision as to how it feels.
Good info, thanks. I will definitely drive stock and FX4.

fjwlobo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCREW
Good info, thanks. I will definitely drive stock and FX4.
The FX4 package does give you a few other options other than the shocks. See if they are something you would like and maybe deal with the ride until you can replace the shocks if you don't like the ride. Sometimes adding some weight in the bed helps with the ride as well.

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
In my couple complaints - dont think for a minute I dont love the truck. I understand that no vehicle is perfect.

I will reiterate: I beat the hell out of this truck and it keeps on ticking! Very happy with the performance.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
I have a 19 Lariat and I like the leather seats. I did raise the front of the seat 3/4 inch and that made a difference.

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
I had the leather in my '21 FX4, I would say they did seem a bit... thin?.. compared to previous trucks I've owned but I didnt find them to be uncomfortable. That being said, I do feel that the seats in my '21 Tremor do feel more comfortable than I remember my FX4 being. (I figured it was just because I had been driving a beater for several months)

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
I drove my 2021 Lariat FX4 from Oregon to Ohio in three days, and I didn't have any issues with the comfort of the leather seats. I also took naps at rest stops along the way, so I basically never left the truck other than bio breaks and to cook something. Got to say that the rest stop in Council Bluffs Iowa was amazing, the best on the whole trip.
Sponsored