DblStuffed

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
I wired up, actually Mark's old trigger system in my truck and can confirm on my system the green and Yellow/white wire is the ignition wire. I tested it and it was the only one giving me power upon igntion. Just in case anyone was wondering. I'd still check...

Anyone have any issues with leaving this sitting on the battery? That's how mine is but I was thinking of making a bracket and attaching it just in front of the battery. Thoughts?
Well I finally found a fuse I got to tie into so trigger is working flawless so far lol glad you found that ignition wire though.
As for mounting, mine is there. I bought some marine boat battery tie down clips and am using that to secure it. The Velcro doesn’t grip well being so small but if you get other Velcro (larger) I know it would work with no issues. Once I strapped this down with the strap it actually caught the Velcro (pressure) and is hard to come off without force.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I wired up, actually Mark's old trigger system in my truck and can confirm on my system the green and Yellow/white wire is the ignition wire. I tested it and it was the only one giving me power upon igntion. Just in case anyone was wondering. I'd still check...

Anyone have any issues with leaving this sitting on the battery? That's how mine is but I was thinking of making a bracket and attaching it just in front of the battery. Thoughts?
77,000 miles and it hasn't moved...there's no where for it to go sandwiched between the battery and the hood...unless you drive with your hood open... ?

MNIKKILA

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Video Production/Creative
Well I finally found a fuse I got to tie into so trigger is working flawless so far lol glad you found that ignition wire though.
As for mounting, mine is there. I bought some marine boat battery tie down clips and am using that to secure it. The Velcro doesn’t grip well being so small but if you get other Velcro (larger) I know it would work with no issues. Once I strapped this down with the strap it actually caught the Velcro (pressure) and is hard to come off without force.
When you get a chance you mind snapping a photo? I sure would appreciate it.

MNIKKILA

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Video Production/Creative
77,000 miles and it hasn't moved...there's no where for it to go sandwiched between the battery and the hood...unless you drive with your hood open... ?
lol, I was worried about heat because that battery material is fire rated to a certain degree, with the box sitting on there it gets super hot. So I was just wondering how much caution I need to have!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
lol, I was worried about heat because that battery material is fire rated to a certain degree, with the box sitting on there it gets super hot. So I was just wondering how much caution I need to have!
I haven't found it hot after a long drive or idling in 90 degree heat...