First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
I saw a thread just now with a Phil story. I had to click to an earlier page in the thread and was rewarded with a picture of our Ranger5g HOF-er standing in front of Ford F-150 Nite edition #1. Then the development story.

Phil, you're a gem.

I have an idea for the mods. What if we created a sticky with all of @P.A. Schilke's backstories? Besides being some entertaining reading and fun pictures, there really is some great history in there for all us Ford junkies.
Sponsored

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Are we still road tripping o r back home. Speaking of tripping I also did but in my driveway :crying::LOL:
I feel honored to have benefited from Phil's vast experience and advice. I agree with Joe, wonderful idea! :clap:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folk,

All I can say is I am very humbled to read these kind words. I am happy my contributions to these forums are appreciated, sometimes helpful, informative and of interest!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I saw a thread just now with a Phil story. I had to click to an earlier page in the thread and was rewarded with a picture of our Ranger5g HOF-er standing in front of Ford F-150 Nite edition #1. Then the development story.

Phil, you're a gem.

I have an idea for the mods. What if we created a sticky with all of @P.A. Schilke's backstories? Besides being some entertaining reading and fun pictures, there really is some great history in there for all us Ford junkies.
What a great idea Joe. To have all of Phil's explanations, and helpful information in one place, easy to access would be a great help. Help to us oldies, and help for the newbie's.

What say you Administrator's? Is this great, knowledgeable, and extremely kind man worth his own sticky? We think so.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folk,

All I can say is I am very humbled to read these kind words. I am happy my contributions to these forums are appreciated, sometimes helpful, informative and of interest!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I kinda of enjoy finding Phil's stories/responses in their respective threads as each is unique and relevant to that particular topic. Definitely adds "spice" (did I just hear his wife grumbling something :angel:).

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Phil who?

anywhoo's....my opinion...if you're thinking that combining all of phils posts into one giant conglomerate of stickied info...how do you expect anyone to find what they're looking for?

be easier to just google search "Phil , backstory and Ranger5g" and voila they'll all be there... in context... and not random statements covering a vast array of topics.

I'm glad Phil likes the attention....not something I seek or would enjoy. I find it creepy when someone thinks I'm cool. kinda stalkerish
Hope I'm not too "creepy", but you have some cool moments yourself Ranger Pride. :)

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
LMGTFY
Now if there was a way to take the results and put them in a wiki with a description of the backstory and a link to the thread...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
To have Phil here with us to share all his stories and knowledge with us is priceless! He takes the time to share all his back stories on how things were either made or the reasons they were redesigned, these are things that most people would never have known. The only disappointment was that he didn't get a say in the new 5G Ranger having a tailgate damper stock from the factory! ?

Thank You Phil!

jack_on_the_rocks.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
To have Phil here with us to share all his stories and knowledge with us is priceless! He takes the time to share all his back stories on how things were either made or the reasons they were redesigned, these are things that most people would never have known. The only disappointment was that he didn't get a say in the new 5G Ranger having a tailgate damper stock from the factory! ?

Thank You Phil!

jack_on_the_rocks.jpg
I didn't think it possible, but you managed to get in the damper. Props man, props! :handsinair::crackup:

The JD on the rocks, priceless.?

OP
OP
Spence's bumper sticker

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
For a second I thought this post was about Phil passing away, that was a bit of a shock at first lol.
(facepalm) O crap. Didn't think that one through too well.
Sponsored