Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I kinda of enjoy finding Phil's stories/responses in their respective threads as each is unique and relevant to that particular topic. Definitely adds "spice" (did I just hear his wife grumbling something :angel:).
Hi Terry,

I agree that these posts are pertinent to a particular thread. Ranger Pride gave a solution in his post using the search function... I think Mods have hands full and do not know how big an effort it would be for a compilation.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
To have Phil here with us to share all his stories and knowledge with us is priceless! He takes the time to share all his back stories on how things were either made or the reasons they were redesigned, these are things that most people would never have known. The only disappointment was that he didn't get a say in the new 5G Ranger having a tailgate damper stock from the factory! ?

Thank You Phil!

jack_on_the_rocks.jpg
Too much ice, not enough Jack!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Hi Terry,

I agree that these posts are pertinent to a particular thread. Ranger Pride gave a solution in his post using the search function... I think Mods have hands full and do not know how big an effort it would be for a compilation.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
As usual, every so humble my friend. I wish we had a "Phil" on the Corvette forum I frequent. Solutions to problems there can go off the rails in a skinny minute.:crazy::crackup:

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Phil, I am happy to read your backstories whenever you post them. Live long and prosper!

OP
OP
Spence's bumper sticker

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Hi Terry,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Agreed, that'll do it. They don't necessarily need to be compiled.

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Hi Folk,

All I can say is I am very humbled to read these kind words. I am happy my contributions to these forums are appreciated, sometimes helpful, informative and of interest!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
This forum should really be paying you kickbacks from its ad revenue. Having a legit Ford Ranger engineer with stories, insight, and advice is the equivalent of bringing in a ringer.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
This forum should really be paying you kickbacks from its ad revenue. Having a legit Ford Ranger engineer with stories, insight, and advice is the equivalent of bringing in a ringer.
You mean like...
1600983742805.png

Couldn't help myself :LOL:

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Jerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat, 2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired Rancher
I saw a thread just now with a Phil story. I had to click to an earlier page in the thread and was rewarded with a picture of our Ranger5g HOF-er standing in front of Ford F-150 Nite edition #1. Then the development story.

Phil, you're a gem.

I have an idea for the mods. What if we created a sticky with all of @P.A. Schilke's backstories? Besides being some entertaining reading and fun pictures, there really is some great history in there for all us Ford junkies.
I like it!!

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
  • Haha
Reactions: FoD

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't remember his name, but his face rings a bell!
There was another one where he went on vacation and the replacement fell out of tower. Somebody was asked about him and reply went something like, "don't know, but he is a dead ringer for Quasimoto"...tish boom.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There was another one where he went on vacation and the replacement fell out of tower. Somebody was asked about him and reply went something like, "don't know, but he is a dead ringer for Quasimoto"...tish boom.
Hi Terry,

Here is the joke as I remember it.

It was a sad in the town as the bell ringer for the local church had passed away. The minister placed a sign on the church door "Bell Ringer Wanted"

The following day the minister was summoned to the door by a constant knocking on the door. To his surprise stood a dwarf, about 3' tall. "I have come to take the bell ringer job" The minister, in shock said that he was too short to reach the bell cord. The dwarf said "I must take this job" and with that ran past the minister and up the bell tower steps. The minister hurriedly followed. The dwarf jumped head long into the bell. The bell when BONG. The dwarf fell back to the platform with his face all bloodied. He rose and again jumped head first into the bell. The bell when BONG. Unfortunately the dwarf fell down the bell tower to the floor several stories below the bell. The minister, shocked with these events summoned the constable. The constable inquired of the minister "Who is this fellow" The minister replied "I do not know, but his face rings a bell"

(Pause....Groan!)

The next day the minister placed the bell ringer wanted sign on the door and later was again opening the door to another dwarf. The dwarf stated he was there to take his brother's place as the bell ringer and up the stairs to the bell and again the dwarf hurled himself face first in to the bell. The bell when BONG. Unfortunately this dwarf plummeted to his death like his brother. Now in shock again the minister summons the Constable who inquires who is this second dead dwarf. The minister again replies, "I do not know, but he is a dead ringer for his brother"

Groan!!!!!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Still gets a smile though :) good jokes are timeless that way. Thanks

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi Terry,

Here is the joke as I remember it.

It was a sad in the town as the bell ringer for the local church had passed away. The minister placed a sign on the church door "Bell Ringer Wanted"

The following day the minister was summoned to the door by a constant knocking on the door. To his surprise stood a dwarf, about 3' tall. "I have come to take the bell ringer job" The minister, in shock said that he was too short to reach the bell cord. The dwarf said "I must take this job" and with that ran past the minister and up the bell tower steps. The minister hurriedly followed. The dwarf jumped head long into the bell. The bell when BONG. The dwarf fell back to the platform with his face all bloodied. He rose and again jumped head first into the bell. The bell when BONG. Unfortunately the dwarf fell down the bell tower to the floor several stories below the bell. The minister, shocked with these events summoned the constable. The constable inquired of the minister "Who is this fellow" The minister replied "I do not know, but his face rings a bell"

(Pause....Groan!)

The next day the minister placed the bell ringer wanted sign on the door and later was again opening the door to another dwarf. The dwarf stated he was there to take his brother's place as the bell ringer and up the stairs to the bell and again the dwarf hurled himself face first in to the bell. The bell when BONG. Unfortunately this dwarf plummeted to his death like his brother. Now in shock again the minister summons the Constable who inquires who is this second dead dwarf. The minister again replies, "I do not know, but he is a dead ringer for his brother"

Groan!!!!!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Unfortunately the minister was then on the hook for their medical bills. He was also about to paint the church, and suddenly found his paint budget tied up in medical costs. He asked around to find out how many gallons of paint he would need. The hardware clerk told him 'That will be 5 gallons, at $10 a gallon.'

Knowing he was short of cash the minister asked how much paint thinner cost, it turns out it was $2 a gallon.

'Give me 4 gallons of thinner and one gallon of paint.'

Despite the protests from the clerk the minister stuck to his plan to water down the paint.

The minister began painting, the sky was starting to cloud up, and he could see storm clouds on the horizon. He painted faster and faster, determined to finish before the rain. Just as he finished the clouds opened up and the resulting downpour washed away all his hard work.

The minister was seen in the church yard, on his knees, yelling up at the sky 'Why God, Why?'

Suddenly the rain stopped, the clouds parted and a thundering voice called down from the heavens:

REPAINT, AND THIN NO MORE!

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
If Phil had a say, and he managed to get the damper installed as a factory item...we would have just lost something else....like maybe delivered with 0 (zeeeeeeero) bed tie downs.
That would be terrible. #1 source of jokes gone. "Real men don't tie their loads down..." nah, doesn't work.

Anyway, love having Phil around. Wish I had more truck stories. 2 wheeled stories is all I've got. We referred to you guys as "cagers". But the Ranger is the nicest truck I ever had and that's changing me.
Sponsored