Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Be nice if Ford offered them as a standalone option. The "upfitter" switch pkg upgrade on my F-350 was under 200.00 if memory serves me and accommodates each switch with a fuse in the main box.
Ah yes but the F150 is the golden child with options galore...the Ranger is the red headed stepchild (no offense to red heads or step kids) that has barely any support in comparison.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Check the manual--it says use the tow loops on the front (if equipped) and the chain loops on the back. If you're really concerned or you want better angles you can just use a shackle hitch, but the point is that the rear loops don't really add missing functionality if you've got the tow package. (Yes, I've seen horror stories of bad things happening with emergency chain loops, but get down on the ground and take a close look at what's wrapped around the receiver on a ranger--it's not a flimsy U-shaped piece of wire spot-welded on.)
I will take a closer look at the receiver when I get the truck back from PPF and ceramic coating tomorrow!

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Ah yes but the F150 is the golden child with options galore...the Ranger is the red headed stepchild (no offense to red heads or step kids) that has barely any support in comparison.
I get it. Interesting though that only the second year back on the market it sold over 25% of the total amount of F-150s sold for 2020. They might reconsider if sales continue.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Check the manual--it says use the tow loops on the front (if equipped) and the chain loops on the back. If you're really concerned or you want better angles you can just use a shackle hitch, but the point is that the rear loops don't really add missing functionality if you've got the tow package. (Yes, I've seen horror stories of bad things happening with emergency chain loops, but get down on the ground and take a close look at what's wrapped around the receiver on a ranger--it's not a flimsy U-shaped piece of wire spot-welded on.)
I will take a closer look at the receiver when I get the truck back from PPF and ceramic coating tomorrow!
I've looked in the Owners Manual and don't see anywhere mentioned about using the chain loops on the hitch for recovery? The safety chain brackets are 10 gauge steel... and the holes for the safety chains are huge. You'll probably bend the brackets unless you are pulling the truck at the same angle they are attached.

Hitch Receiver 001.JPG
Hitch Receiver 002.JPG
Hitch Receiver 003.jpeg
2019 Ranger Owners Manual - Fourth Printing - Page 231 - Recovery.png

Last edited:

TommyAtomic

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Based on the video it looks like the Tremor Rear Tow Hooks are mounted here:

Hitch Receiver 002 - edited.jpg

I'm assuming this means it should be a part that we can order as soon as we have part numbers.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
Based on the video it looks like the Tremor Rear Tow Hooks are mounted here:

Hitch Receiver 002 - edited.jpg

I'm assuming this means it should be a part that we can order as soon as we have part numbers.
Let's hope so. That would make for an easy upgrade. Are there any tremors out in the wild for verification?

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
downloadfile.jpg
Found this picture online. Looks to me the tow hook is welded to receiver assembly. Anyone see something different?

OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
downloadfile.jpg
Found this picture online. Looks to me the tow hook is welded to receiver assembly. Anyone see something different?
It looks like an entirely different assembly that still spans back of the truck but doesn't have a 2" receiver on it. Only has the 4 pin connector as well. So this is the non tow package which has tow hooks in its place which would be why you can't get the tow hooks and the tow package its one or the other. Too bad.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
I've had a brief look through my parts catalog at work and they don't seem to have any Tremor parts listed yet for 2021. Ive been trying to see how much the new grille is myself lol.
Yes would love a grill with the colors

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
downloadfile.jpg
Looks like an opportunity for a niche aftermarket item.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I've seen several new youtube videos on the tremor and they are all equipped with a hitch and no tow hooks. I would have expected them to have the hooks so the reviewers talk them up because most rangers dont have them. just watched a video from autotrader with the tow hooks. Just covered briefly.
Sponsored

Last edited: