OP

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Screw cab Lariot FX4
Try doing it again, only this time make sure your Ranger is connected to your home Network AND Auto Android is active AND your Cell phone is connected via a cable to one of the front USB ports. Also might consider opening an account with Sirius. i.e. register your Ranger ESN # with Sirius.
I've done all of those things except when Android Auto is active you can't access any of the apps. The app button is replaced with an android Auto icon. I even updated the sync system to the new software version version that was released mid March. Still have same issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contacted SiriusXM tech support. They tried sending a refresh signal again and no change. They checked to make sure the account and subscription was set up correctly. They said I need to take it to my dealer to check the sync system.

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I contacted SiriusXM tech support. They tried sending a refresh signal again and no change. They checked to make sure the account and subscription was set up correctly. They said I need to take it to my dealer to check the sync system.
Ouch...sorry bud!

OP
OP

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm tired of messing with it tonight. I think I'm going to try a master rest on the Sync system tomorrow after work to see if that will fix it before taking it to the dealer.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I'm tired of messing with it tonight. I think I'm going to try a master rest on the Sync system tomorrow after work to see if that will fix it before taking it to the dealer.
I ended up performing a Master Reset and some time after that completed I got a message that all Sirius subscriptions have been updated. I now have weather. May the Force be with you if you try it.

OP
OP

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up performing a Master Reset and some time after that completed I got a message that all Sirius subscriptions have been updated. I now have weather. May the Force be with you if you try it.
I did a master reset also. Everything under subscription info says subscribed and everything seems to be working.

Last edited:

Jwilliams

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
I did a master reset also. Everything under subscription info says subscribed and everything seems to be working.
Guess I need to do the master reset. I have contacted tech support 4 times. Even have the refresh on my cell phone. Lot of time on the phone with no real solution from Sirius. The last tech told me it could take up to 24 hours to reset. Really? Evidently the travel link uses a third party provider for Sirius. Is anyone else having this problem?

OP
OP

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess I need to do the master reset. I have contacted tech support 4 times. Even have the refresh on my cell phone. Lot of time on the phone with no real solution from Sirius. The last tech told me it could take up to 24 hours to reset. Really? Evidently the travel link uses a third party provider for Sirius. Is anyone else having this problem?
The master reset I did was on the sync3 system. It is an option on one of the menu screens.

Jwilliams

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The master reset I did was on the sync3 system. It is an option on one of the menu screens.
Roger that. I have the sync3 also. I sent a survey to Sirius about my interaction with them over the last several days and I actually got a phone call from them this afternoon. Their IT people will be working with Ford to see if they can find a solution or “work around” in the next several days. You hear this a lot from company’s when they have issues with their product but I do believe Sirius will work quickly to solve this problem.

Jwilliams

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roger that. I have the sync3 also. I sent a survey to Sirius about my interaction with them over the last several days and I actually got a phone call from them this afternoon. Their IT people will be working with Ford to see if they can find a solution or “work around” in the next several days. You hear this a lot from company’s when they have issues with their product but I do believe Sirius will work quickly to solve this problem.
F

Jwilliams

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Follow up - never heard from Sirius. Did the reset and the travel link works perfect. Appreciate the advice.

ShannonG

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
I have a 2018 Ford Edge.
I have been on the phone countless times with Sirius and Ford on this issue and after numerous searches for this issue that i found this page.
my navagation is still showing the refresh circles after resets, updates and even an APN module replacement.
my subscription page still shows that my all access is active and not the weater, movie, fuel etc.
I am trying to get many people to call Ford and Sirius to get this issue known.
any advice would help..