Travel Link Weather

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Screw cab Lariot FX4
I noticed weather under the Travel Link app doesn't work. If I select it I get a message that says it may take a few minutes to load data. It never launches. I checked under SiriusXM Subscriptions and it says Not available next to weather. Movies, and Ski conditions. I requested SiriusXM send a refresh signal and it didn't make a difference. Does anyone else have this issue?
20190406_181522.jpg
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Where is the fishing report? We dont need no stinkin charg stations. How about beer joints? LOL

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I noticed weather under the Travel Link app doesn't work. If I select it I get a message that says it may take a few minutes to load data. It never launches. I checked under SiriusXM Subscriptions and it says Not available next to weather. Movies, and Ski conditions. I requested SiriusXM send a refresh signal and it didn't make a difference. Does anyone else have this issue?
20190406_181522.jpg
Yes. Not sure why we have subscriptions for the weather map but not weather. But the weather map doesn't load either.

OP
OP

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Not sure why we have subscriptions for the weather map but not weather. But the weather map doesn't load either.
It doesn't say not subscribed but not available. SiriusXM told me its included with the Trave Link subscription. That's why they tried doing a refresh of the authentication but it didn't help. If others are having the same issue it makes me think it's a Sync3 issue. It works great on my 18 Jeep Wrangler with the travel Link 5 year free trial.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't say not subscribed but not available. SiriusXM told me its included with the Trave Link subscription. That's why they tried doing a refresh of the authentication but it didn't help. If others are having the same issue it makes me think it's a Sync3 issue. It works great on my 18 Jeep Wrangler with the travel Link 5 year free trial.
Just click on the refresh arrows under the item not showing up and give it a few minutes and they all come up.

IMG-5926.JPG

IMG-5927.JPG

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah, Mine is the same as yours.
Just click on the refresh arrows under the item not showing up and give it a few minutes and they all come up.

IMG-5926.JPG

IMG-5927.JPG
The Not available items are not refreshing. Maybe I'm not giving it enough time but so far no-go.

OP
OP

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG-5926.JPG

IMG-5927.JPG
I've tried that. It gives a message saying updating data may take a few minutes. We drove around for about 40 minutes after the message and it never came up. Have tried it a couple of other times and still no change.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've tried that. It gives a message saying updating data may take a few minutes. We drove around for about 40 minutes after the message and it never came up. Have tried it a couple of other times and still no change.
Ditto (but not for 40 minutes).

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, took mine about 5 minutes for all to update. When I first started the vehicle and backed it out of the garage all said, NOT AVAILABLE, then I clicked the refresh arrows and watched and they all turned green SUBSCRIBED. Must be your area or signal.

OP
OP

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, took mine about 5 minutes for all to update. When I first started the vehicle and backed it out of the garage all said, NOT AVAILABLE, then I clicked the refresh arrows and watched and they all turned green SUBSCRIBED. Must be your area or signal.
What refresh arrows are you talking about? I have the icon that says weather and it has the circular refresh symbol on the icon. That is what I've been selecting. I dont see any refresh arrow under anything on the travel link menu screen or the subscription screens on mine or the pictures you posted.

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Mine works just fine! Additional info. Once you have the Radar screen up. It will automatically update the radar (rain and such) every 5 minutes.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What refresh arrows are you talking about? I have the icon that says weather and it has the circular refresh symbol on the icon. That is what I've been selecting. I dont see any refresh arrow under anything on the travel link menu screen or the subscription screens on mine or the pictures you posted.
The two arrows in a circle mean refresh. After they refresh they have the regular ICON for the function like the pic of the Movie Listings and Weather Icons in my pic.

OP
OP

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine works just fine! Additional info. Once you have the Radar screen up. It will automatically update the radar (rain and such) every 5 minutes.
I never get the radar screen. I select weather them a message pops up saying updating data may take several minutes and then it goes back to the travel link menu with all the icons.

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I never get the radar screen. I select weather them a message pops up saying updating data may take several minutes and then it goes back to the travel link menu with all the icons.
Try doing it again, only this time make sure your Ranger is connected to your home Network AND Auto Android is active AND your Cell phone is connected via a cable to one of the front USB ports. Also might consider opening an account with Sirius. i.e. register your Ranger ESN # with Sirius.

Last edited:

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ditto.
Sponsored