ODB Link and ODB Link+ Adapter

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Who is using OBDLink software with the OBD LinkMX+ adapter? What gauges are you using? Pictures? What are the most useful to you. Is there another iOS app that you like better?

obd.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I have it in my '99 B4000. I use the OBDLink app on Android. I haven't tried any other apps.
I bought it mainly to diagnose CEL and ABS malfunctions. I rarely kept it running with gauges, other then when trying to diagnose intermittent errors in one of the wheel speed sensors.
What's good with the MX+ is that it can be used in multiple vehicles without additional fees.
I have yet to try it in my 2021.

Nomadjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I've used that with an app called Torque for Android (there is also a Torque Lite which is free but I didn't find it to be too useful). I only use it to diagnose issues so I don't generally have it up and running though when I towed our travel trailer the first few times I did use it to check the transmission temperature. I have found that it connects very reliably to the Ranger in the handful of times that I've tried it.

OP
OP
sklnbnz

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
I've used that with an app called Torque for Android (there is also a Torque Lite which is free but I didn't find it to be too useful). I only use it to diagnose issues so I don't generally have it up and running though when I towed our travel trailer the first few times I did use it to check the transmission temperature. I have found that it connects very reliably to the Ranger in the handful of times that I've tried it.
Likely will only use the gauges on long trips or when I think I am having issues. Thanks
Sponsored