Trail control and Diff. lock on non FX4 models

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
My dad has a 4x4 lariat with a trail control button, rear locker and no FX4. I'm going over this weekend to see if the trail control and Terrain Management is active, and if the buttons "work" if they don't I'm going to be looking to have Forscan make them do so.

He ordered a 4x4 with the rear locking diff option, so it may be that the trail control button is there, but not programmed to work.
Sponsored

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
So I picked up my truck today and trying to familiarize myself with it I do have a trail controll and diff. lock button... but no where in my package, window sticker, spec.s etc does it say I should have this and when I press the buttons nothing seems to happen on screens or that is obvious .

Ive only had a short time with it, but my question, if anyone can answer it , is , are these buttons on every model and just not active or am I missing something? Again very little play time yet as I just got it home and we headed to the pub, so maybe I,ll learn more tomorrow:)

BTW, Lariat, 4x4, crew, Sport, tow package
The diff lock button is sensitive .. you have to hold it it in not just push it .. if you got the buttons but not the features truck was misbuilt .. tge dashes without the features are missing the buttons .. so that’s a warranty thing .. but see if you have tge features first .. buttons are a little weird at first

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I want the double honk to happen when the auto brakes activate.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4
Like someone mentioned, you have to hold the Rear Locking button to activate. Only option mine had, at least on the window sticker, was the chrome package, which i did not want but for $10k off... why not. Also had rear lockers, and a skid plate which i noticed on my off-roading video... my front end flew up over a steep hill when i activated the rear lockers... lol works awesome... just take it easy when you do activate... lol skip plate did its job.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Locking diff can be on a non FX4 it is a option, not sure of Trail control.
Sponsored