First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I've added TM(Terrain Management) to my XLT Sport. Now I'm wondering is it possible to add TC?
I assume a new switch, maybe even a new console. But is it even possible to get into Forscan and "enable" TC?"
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
There was some activity a year or so ago on this. Seems the XLT has some differences that at the moment makes it not possible. We were comparing VIN’s to understand the factory differences in programming. Never did sort it out.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
There was some activity a year or so ago on this. Seems the XLT has some differences that at the moment makes it not possible. We were comparing VIN’s to understand the factory differences in programming. Never did sort it out.
Ok. That's what I was thinking. I knew TM was a go, but didn't think anyone found a way to do TC. Oh well. ?Didn't come with it, so I'll live.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Ok. That's what I was thinking. I knew TM was a go, but didn't think anyone found a way to do TC. Oh well. ?Didn't come with it, so I'll live.
Its ok, ive heard from a few members that the system doesnt work as well as one would like. How you ask? Well from what I have heard its a bit jerky if anything. I myself havent used it as I dont have it but I can also say I dont feel it is necessary either.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Its ok, ive heard from a few members that the system doesnt work as well as one would like. How you ask? Well from what I have heard its a bit jerky if anything. I myself havent used it as I dont have it but I can also say I dont feel it is necessary either.
Agreed neither do I. My right foot and good judgement should suffice. Just figured another cheap ad-on couldn't hurt when trade in or resale comes.
I just learned dropping down to 16psi in the front and 15.5psi in the rears accomplishes what I want.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Agreed neither do I. My right foot and good judgement should suffice. Just figured another cheap ad-on couldn't hurt when trade in or resale comes.
I just learned dropping down to 16psi in the front and 15.5psi in the rears accomplishes what I want.
I have utilized TC a few times so far, mostly to test out it's function. My previous Frontier had a version of it and I would use it on occasion as well. It's nice when descending steep, rocky trails. This Ford version is more adaptable than the Nissan's and I look forward to testing it on more extreme terrain.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I have utilized TC a few times so far, mostly to test out it's function. My previous Frontier had a version of it and I would use it on occasion as well. It's nice when descending steep, rocky trails. This Ford version is more adaptable than the Nissan's and I look forward to testing it on more extreme terrain.
I would like to have it when it comes to descents. Those are the scariest parts of wheeling for me. I can go up anything with no fear. But coming down in loosed gravel and rocks is nerve racking.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I would like to have it when it comes to descents. Those are the scariest parts of wheeling for me. I can go up anything with no fear. But coming down in loosed gravel and rocks is nerve racking.
If you haven't done it yet try first gear for low. These trucks do pretty good at crawling in that particular gear

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
If you haven't done it yet try first gear for low. These trucks do pretty good at crawling in that particular gear
That's what I mostly spend time in. It's hard to follow the suggested solution when you start sliding, which is to give it a little gas to get the wheels rolling again instead of the dreaded "death slide" to bottom ?
Sponsored