Trail control proof!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
So on the way home from work today, I drove to one of my fishing spots. Near this spot there is a sandy very steep rutted hill covered with wet leaves(this is where I’d post the picture I didn’t take).

My Jeep Liberty diesel would not make it up this to save its life.

Trail control in 4hi walked up it with ease. I stopped before the top though because the Jeep has a better turning circle and I didn’t want any new pinstripes.

I didn’t try it with my own foot, but I’m sure it would have gotten up easily as well.

Maybe next time I’ll take some pics or something.
Sponsored

blackc2004

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger; 1978 Ford Bronco; 1971 Ford Torino
I was out camping this past weekend and used trail control on a section of really bad forest road. It worked amazing.

Claudess

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I've been using it in deep sand on the beach and it's amazing. By far the most sand capable vehicle I've tried. A totally inexperienced person can drive in difficult sand with this feature and make an experienced off road driver in a regular 4x4 pickup look like a fool.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
You guys said it. Trail control works beautifully. Got to try it on some steep inclines with ruts. Was very impressed

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I've been using it in deep sand on the beach and it's amazing. By far the most sand capable vehicle I've tried. A totally inexperienced person can drive in difficult sand with this feature and make an experienced off road driver in a regular 4x4 pickup look like a fool.
Been "practicing" since I could drive (about 25 years), and I can already say that aside from vehicle placement, the electronic system is a much better and more controlled way to drive through nasty terrain. It's like magic almost.

My dad is bummed he didn't get the FX4 (he just got the locker), so we're waiting for the Forscan wizards to figure out what needs to be done to turn it on.

Lloyd C

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus RX350
So on the way home from work today, I drove to one of my fishing spots. Near this spot there is a sandy very steep rutted hill covered with wet leaves(this is where I’d post the picture I didn’t take).

My Jeep Liberty diesel would not make it up this to save its life.

Trail control in 4hi walked up it with ease. I stopped before the top though because the Jeep has a better turning circle and I didn’t want any new pinstripes.

I didn’t try it with my own foot, but I’m sure it would have gotten up easily as well.

Maybe next time I’ll take some pics or something.

I pulled my neighbors Toyota Land Cruiser out of a snow covered ditch from a snow packed road and my Trail Management system gets all the credit. It pulled steady like it was no work at all.
Sponsored