First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Trying to update Sync to newest version and activated auto update thingy, gave the truck access to my wifi and had it attempt to download....but I shut the truck off complete and download appears to have failed.
So today I left it in Accessory mode and tried again and the download began. Yay! About 30 min later was still making progress. 45 min later and the whole thing was shut down and I had all the low batter warning tones pinging when I opened the door. Dang!

Is it safe then to assume I need to download onto a flash drive and download that way instead? If I update that way, how long will it take and will I still run this stupid battery down trying to get this done?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chris M

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I’ve never updated using a USB stick. It should be able to update incrementally over the next few days.
But do I have to leave the accessory on, or will it connect and download on its own?

todorakiggg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 biturbo
It will keep downloading for the next 30 mins even if the truck is turned off.
2019 trucks have a lot of faulty sync modules... My Sync was so bad that was literally unusable until the whole thing was replaced... It took me several months complaining about it to the dealer...

OP
OP
Chris M

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
It will keep downloading for the next 30 mins even if the truck is turned off.
2019 trucks have a lot of faulty sync modules... My Sync was so bad that was literally unusable until the whole thing was replaced... It took me several months complaining about it to the dealer...
This is my first issue with my Sync system. I am hoping these downloads finally take and all becomes right with the world.

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I had only had my '19 Ranger for a day when the screen froze after changing radio stations. It stayed on even after shutting everything down. (At the time I didn't know how to do the reset and I figured it would just run down the battery overnight if I left it. Not a good feeling after only a few hours of ownership. My dealer is nearby so I headed over there and they did a hard reset and it's behaved since.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I’ve never updated using a USB stick. It should be able to update incrementally over the next few days.
I’ve never left mine on accessory. I park like normal and, eventually, the update happens.
This is the way my truck behaves. A little bit here, a little bit there, eventually it updates.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

geezmo2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2001 Ranger Edge 2017 Chevy Trax 1978 Camaro Z/28 2013 H/D Switchback
Occupation
Metal fabricator
Been running 21194 for a bit. Right after update XM radio no longer works. YAY!!!

OP
OP
Chris M

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Finally the update has downloaded. So far, all functions work as they should, although I did have to have Sirius refreshed to the truck.

It all looks different, but it all works.
Sponsored