First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
Saw this today on Ford Authority. Nothing that special but it's not often we see customized Rangers, especially 5th gens. So for that reason alone, it's worth mentioning. It looks okay but I'm not one for the low-rider look on pickups.

1667735167540.png
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I think that vehicle has been floating around since a few years ago at SEMA.

Honestly there is a member here who did a SCT clone Ranger that takes the cake for a low rider. Every other lowered Ranger I've seen was a one trick pony, his build is a full blow out.

His build thread: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/jasons-2021-sct-sema-19-clone-build-thread.16063/

@Mirage775
Wow! Thanks for the compliment, Jack! A few locals have also asked me about it and I've said, I'm pretty sure there's only 2 of these Rangers, mine and SCT's!

@FusedLogic Mine's almost a 100% SCT clone, but the only differences that I know of, are:

Mine's an XLT
I have an OEM Towing Package
I have a Belltech Rear 5" Drop
I installed a Cab Spoiler
I have the 3 Raptor Grille Lights
I have a 3 Raptor Light 3rd Brake Light
I installed a Retractable Hard Bed Cover
I installed a Lower Grille Insert
I installed Alpharex LED headlights
I have an Unleashed Performance tune
I have several different "performance" parts than they did.

I tend to think that I'm the most stupid, average guy that saw a SEMA truck and pretty much built that same truck!

Everything is in my build thread! Where in Georgia are you? I'm in North Alabama, about 4 hours from Atlanta.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! Thanks for the compliment, Jack! I'm in North Alabama, about 4 hours from Atlanta.
When is the next time you are going to tail of the dragon? I'd like to see your truck in person and I need an excuse to go up there.

OP
OP
FusedLogic

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
Wow! Thanks for the compliment, Jack! A few locals have also asked me about it and I've said, I'm pretty sure there's only 2 of these Rangers, mine and SCT's!

@FusedLogic Mine's almost a 100% SCT clone, but the only differences that I know of, are:

Mine's an XLT
I have an OEM Towing Package
I have a Belltech Rear 5" Drop
I installed a Cab Spoiler
I have the 3 Raptor Grille Lights
I have a 3 Raptor Light 3rd Brake Light
I installed a Retractable Hard Bed Cover
I installed a Lower Grille Insert
I installed Alpharex LED headlights
I have an Unleashed Performance tune
I have several different "performance" parts than they did.

I tend to think that I'm the most stupid, average guy that saw a SEMA truck and pretty much built that same truck!

Everything is in my build thread! Where in Georgia are you? I'm in North Alabama, about 4 hours from Atlanta.
Yours looks tons better!

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
When is the next time you are going to tail of the dragon? I'd like to see your truck in person and I need an excuse to go up there.
No clue honestly? Wife and I just both happened to be off work in August, when we went up there and it happened to be Miata's at the Gap week to boot, LOL! It's about 4-5 hours one way from. I'd kinda like to go again in the Spring, before it gets hot, before the leaves come back. Wife has a knee surgery coming early in 2023, so we might be able to get up there before she has to go to work? I will try to remember to ask you about it closer to then? I believe she's planned sometime in March or April and will be off for 3 months.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Yours looks tons better!
Thanks!

I thought about doing the "ghost" stripes/sponsors, like SCT did, but nobody wanted to give me a quote...
sema-2019-2019-11-20_23-29-01_898467.jpg

I definitely WAS NOT about to plaster SCT across my doors, LOL! Nor was I going to put the Blue accents on the wheels... :(

I blacked out everything I could, even the ugly silver/cast calipers!
IMG_20211224_102930377.jpg

I actually contacted the SCT owner and let him know that I loved his Ranger and was doing to same thing to mine and he never replied to my email. I posted a reply on SCT's Facebook page last year, from their Ranger in 2019 and it took someone at SCT a damn year to reply to it and apparently they didn't read my comment on their post, judging by their reply...

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I actually contacted the SCT owner and let him know that I loved his Ranger and was doing to same thing to mine and he never replied to my email. I posted a reply on SCT's Facebook page last year, from their Ranger in 2019 and it took someone at SCT a damn year to reply to it and apparently they didn't read my comment on their post, judging by their reply...
I hear you, I reached out to some shall not be named manufacturers (yes plural) to show them some truly unique things I had done to manipulate their product for custom one-off fabrications and basically had the same result. We aren't talking about 5 minutes of fabbing, but hundreds of manhours. It wasn't about being an attention whore, but to show another creator, "I like your creations, check out what I created."

Needless to say every product badging or laser cut logo has been removed or covered. I was naive in the beginning, but have come to the realization a majority of off-road companies have zero interest in the community beyond gaining their monies, showing off their "looks the same as the company in the booth next to us" products at SEMA, and battling over product spotlights in redbull or monster energy drink events.

This very forum has a perfect example; Mishimoto was extremely active here while they were creating their snorkel for our trucks. After the release and subsequent mistake of not initially producing and shipping a factory intake plug with their product the account went dark here with zero activity. Numerous inquires and such from members here now remained unanswered.
Sponsored

Last edited: