First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I paid $26,000 for my 2019 STX 4x4 Screw 2 years ago. It has 32,000 miles on it now.
KBB says trade in is $31,367. Nuts.
It's paid for and tempting to sell but then I would be relegated to my MTB or wife's A7. That won't work.

kbb.jpeg
Sponsored

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I paid $26,000 for my 2019 STX 4x4 Screw 2 years ago. It has 32,000 miles on it now.
KBB says trade in is $31,367. Nuts.
It's paid for and tempting to sell but then I would be relegated to my MTB or wife's A7. That won't work.

kbb.jpeg
Interesting that yours is pretty much the same as mine, give or take $500, and mine only has 5k miles.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Interesting that yours is pretty much the same as mine, give or take $500, and mine only has 5k miles.
Crazy milage seems to have little to no impact. I got what I think was a smoking deal on the truck. It had been on the lot a while and was a new transfer in from another dealer. Its a 2019 purchased in February 2020. 26K for a STX 4x4 with tow package did not seem like a bad deal. Zero tax because I traded in a 2019 Charger Hellcat. Reason for that was I needed a truck and had a 2020 GT 500 otw.
I go through cars like that.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
My SCAB XL/STX is valued at a touch over 31K on KBB. Honestly if I could find a Lariat Crew Cab to my liking I'd trade today. But, it seems most of the folks that order for dealers in my area have some strange ideas on how a truck should be eqipped. Plus, as we all know Rangers are quite thin on the ground these days.

Last edited:

Danny RN

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired Army/Registered Nurse.
I'm not really too surprised, Taco sales have been slipping now that the Ranger has been out for a few years now. Most (who aren't fan boys) switch once they see w how much better the Ranger's drivetrain and seating position is. The main problem is replacing what you have with something not grossly overpriced right now. If you have a few vehicles I'd price them all and sell the one giving you the most profit. ?
Agree. I grew up in Nebraska and I admit I switched to Toyota in '99 because I had problems with my Fords. My last truck was a 2012 Tacoma TRD off road and sold it and got the Ranger...which is truly a vastly superior vehicle. The Toyota thing I think a lot of it is mind set. Many people switched to Toyota in the 90s and early 2000s because of reliability and that mind set is hard to break. Even though if people look at data they would see pretty much all vehicles these days (other than maybe Fiat) are built amazingly well. The engineering these days is pretty damn impressive. So for me...being 6'3 the comfort level of Ranger is awesome. Love the powertrain and pretty much everything about it. Trucks are so damn popular in the USA now resale differences are so small that from this point I get what I want. Sticking with Ranger.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Agree. I grew up in Nebraska and I admit I switched to Toyota in '99 because I had problems with my Fords. My last truck was a 2012 Tacoma TRD off road and sold it and got the Ranger...which is truly a vastly superior vehicle. The Toyota thing I think a lot of it is mind set. Many people switched to Toyota in the 90s and early 2000s because of reliability and that mind set is hard to break. Even though if people look at data they would see pretty much all vehicles these days (other than maybe Fiat) are built amazingly well. The engineering these days is pretty damn impressive. So for me...being 6'3 the comfort level of Ranger is awesome. Love the powertrain and pretty much everything about it. Trucks are so damn popular in the USA now resale differences are so small that from this point I get what I want. Sticking with Ranger.
I think the 2nd general Tacomas were good it was the 3rd ten that really ruined it for them. I was stuck buying a 2016 because I had no need for an F150 anymore and the Ranger wasn't back in the states then. Even being short (I'm 5'7") the seating position was terrible and the drivetrain was the worst I've ever driven! So glad that Ford brought the Ranger back and now we're seeing it chip away at all the other mid size trucks sales.

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
These prices are very much in flux.

Here's my cash offer from Vroom (currently the lowest offers) a week ago.

Vroom Old.png

And my cash offer this morning.

Vroom New.png

$1500 uptick in a week.

If only they had a box to check for having all 6 bed tie downs...

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

Vroom Old.png

Vroom New.png

$1500 uptick in a week.

AND folding rear headrests!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Vroom Old.png

Vroom New.png

$1500 uptick in a week.

So... that second offer; is that with or without a damper?
Thinking.jpeg

OP
OP
Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So... that second offer; is that with or without a damper?
Thinking.jpeg
If they knew there was a damper on there, they would need to take out a loan themselves to be able to buy it.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
OMG we're sitting on gold mines!
Sponsored