Last edited:

CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Yes in many cases you can buy new for about the same price or just a little more then used now. The reason is because so many people want instant gratification and are not willing to wait a few months for an order. The supply shortage has created a very strange situation. As things eventually improve supply wise (and they will with expensive gas) expect a lot of people upside down on their vehicle loans.
Yeah, I thought about that - the instant gratification. There's not much other explanation for paying more than a new order, and personally, I'd MUCH rather order and get everything exactly how I want.

As far as things improving.....who knows what that's gonna happen. I wouldn't be surprised if prices keep increasing. I also thought about waiting for the 6g, but I don't want a first year model and I'm sure it's going to be more expensive....monthly payment is in the budget now before kid #1 hits college in 3 years, so here I am....lol.

donsmith

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Television cameraman and video editor
The truck the OP linked to was very basic. Note the cheap aluminum wheels. A 2019 at 25k miles for $42K? Wow. So, do what I did and get an easy job as a shuttle driver at a Ford dealer. That's what I did, and, last week I bought a 2022 Ranger SuperCrew Lariat with Sport wheels, premium sound, adaptive cruise, lane keeping, leather dash and steering wheel trim, etc., for $3k off $40k sticker with employee Plan D.
Sponsored