Torque steer, has any one experienced this when going around a bend at speed?

Jimmy637

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
We have a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 and have only now, got to take it on the road, due to home isolating. I experienced a pull to the right when at speed going around a right bend. My wife told me she experienced the same thing yesterday.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimmy637

Jimmy637

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
Thank you, I will most certainly turn that off. The Torque steer was the only explanation i could think of to explain what we were experiencing.
I had My Ranger delivered during our isolating and never got a run through on the operation of the truck.

OP
OP
Jimmy637

Jimmy637

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
next time...leave it on.....
when you start the corner....unbuckle your seat belt and climb into the backseat while your wife looks on in horror......
I remember when FWD cars had wild torque steer. I live in a snow area and could control it with no problem, but these new vehicles with traction conrol etc. take control and I was not expecting that.
My wife would beat me to rear seat. LOL

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
next time...leave it on.....
when you start the corner....unbuckle your seat belt and climb into the backseat while your wife looks on in horror......
Make sure to set the cruise control first. Just as good as autopilot.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
OP, are you sure lane assist was actively on?

Dont these trucks also have a stability control which brakes individual tires when cornering too fast affects the trucks stability? Couldnt this also cause a slight pull?

OP
OP
Jimmy637

Jimmy637

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
OP, are you sure lane assist was actively on?

I went out and checked and yes it was on.

Dont these trucks also have a stability control which brakes individual tires when cornering too fast affects the trucks stability? Couldn't this also cause a slight pull?
I do not know if the stability brakes individual brakes? I know it does control the drive of the wheels. I am not a fan of having the control of vehicle taken away. I find, from being old school, when I react to a stability problem, my reaction sets the stability controls in a counter reaction and is not a very good situation. I must admit that the newer systems are getting better.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Depends if you’re going around a “bend” or a corner so when you say at speed not too sure. The lane-assist only activates at 60kph (38 mph ?) so that’s something to know.

Maybe it’s just the brand new tires?