ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
called it
According to Forbes 1 in 10 people who have had a positive customer experience will tell someone or leave a review. A customer with a bad experience will tell 9-15 people and 13% of customers who have had a bad experience will tell more than 20 people. Dave's experience obviously falls into the latter category (and then some) and, in my opinion, rightly so. I also don't look at any company with blinders, there is good and bad with every company.

Dave's experience with the Bronco ordering fiasco is the textbook example of a failed product roll out and I feel his anger is completely warranted. There is a lot of positive on this site and he has stated multiple times that his Ranger is going nowhere and he may still buy a Bronco when (or if) his order is ever filled. So he obviously isn't 100% anti Ford but his response is completely warranted.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well said Tom! :like:

I love my Ranger and have been lucky to have zero issues with it and have owned F150's for over 25 years with zero issues too. My whole complaint (which some cant grasp) is the way Ford has treated their customers and put corporate greed in place of them. Then add to the MANY problems that the Bronco has and anyone (well almost anyone :wink:) can see it's been disastrous.

I may entertain getting a Bronco somewhere down the road if/when Fords gets their act together and puts out a product worthy of me spending $50K on. Until then I will buy a Jeep and see for myself IF I like it. If I encounter any problems I have no problem admitting there are issues with it, I'm not in love with any product so much I cant admit their faults. If it turns out I like it and it treats me well I'll consider buying another in the future. Only time will tell. :)

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I give Dave a hard time and bust his chops on this subject but I appreciate his contribution to this forum and I just hate to see him, and others, get angry about things that are out of anyone's (including MOSTLY Ford's) control. It may seem like I'm defending FoMoCo with my posts but I could care less what anyone says about them or any other company. They are just companies, they don't have feelings lol. This Bronco smack talking (and pretending a HEEP is a better product) just feels like entitlement to me.

No, as a rule I do not order vehicles and never have. In fact, I have predominantly bought used; when I want a vehicle, I go look for it and buy it. I do have an irrational emotional connection to the Bronco because of my past and I cant help it lol. However, as badly as I want to own one, I understand that right now is a HORRIBLE time to attempt to acquire one. Its hard for me to understand how others are unable to see that.

ranger4x

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 301a
I give Dave a hard time and bust his chops on this subject but I appreciate his contribution to this forum and I just hate to see him, and others, get angry about things that are out of anyone's (including MOSTLY Ford's) control. It may seem like I'm defending FoMoCo with my posts but I could care less what anyone says about them or any other company. They are just companies, they don't have feelings lol. This Bronco smack talking (and pretending a HEEP is a better product) just feels like entitlement to me.

No, as a rule I do not order vehicles and never have. In fact, I have predominantly bought used; when I want a vehicle, I go look for it and buy it. I do have an irrational emotional connection to the Bronco because of my past and I cant help it lol. However, as badly as I want to own one, I understand that right now is a HORRIBLE time to attempt to acquire one. Its hard for me to understand how others are unable to see that.
Where I disagree is the part that is in Ford's control. Publicly saying that Bronco orders will be first-come-first-serve and then changing order allocation after the fact was a very shady move. Based on the order system that was in place when the order was placed they are entitled to their Bronco and Ford basically told them "screw you". I'd be pretty upset as well.

I have had a lot of vehicles (much to my very patient wife's dismay) and have had good and bad experiences. The bad ones stay with you for a long time. Most people LOVE Subaru, I had such a bad experience I will never own another and have told anyone who will listen how bad that experience was. Will it change their opinion? Probably not but it won't keep me from saying it lol.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Thanks Adam ?

Sorry if some of my posts come off as angry (they're not) it's more of a disappointment and frustration. SO many myself included were looking forward to the Bronco and while I know there's always some first year "kinks" that need to be worked out this was beyond what anyone expected. Then when the new MIC 2.0 tops started having the exact same problems as the first ones, it seemed that Ford did nothing to correct this. I still don't know how Jeep can have the same top and not have the delimitation that these do?

My main complaint is what Ford did to their reservation holders. Nothing will ever change the way that sits with me and yes, I'm angry about that. You cant change/help when something goes wrong during a build but you can change the way you do business. What they did is flat out wrong and against everything I stand for which is doing the right thing. Ford basically told me they put their corporate dealers before me and every other reservation holder who have been waiting patiently for well over a year now. My solution is to vote with my dollars and for now my money is going towards a Jeep. If they prove me wrong I'll be man enough to admit it and search for a better product for my next purchase. :)

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

I have had a lot of vehicles (much to my very patient wife's dismay) and have had good and bad experiences. The bad ones stay with you for a long time. Most people LOVE Subaru, I had such a bad experience I will never own another and have told anyone who will listen how bad that experience was. Will it change their opinion? Probably not but it won't keep me from saying it lol.
Hey!

I LOVED my Subaru Baja Turbo!

It was a great car/truck and I think Subarus are super reliable (ummm, except for I had to replace the engine in my son's Subaru last year, but that's not the point!).

My Baja came with a packet of grape Koolaid and it was delicious!

Subaru sent me a new packet every year.

My Wrangler also came with a packet of Koolaid but I didn't drink it.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Adam ?

Sorry if some of my posts come off as angry (they're not) it's more of a disappointment and frustration. SO many myself included were looking forward to the Bronco and while I know there's always some first year "kinks" that need to be worked out this was beyond what anyone expected. Then when the new MIC 2.0 tops started having the exact same problems as the first ones, it seemed that Ford did nothing to correct this. I still don't know how Jeep can have the same top and not have the delimitation that these do?

My main complaint is what Ford did to their reservation holders. Nothing will ever change the way that sits with me and yes, I'm angry about that. You cant change/help when something goes wrong during a build but you can change the way you do business. What they did is flat out wrong and against everything I stand for which is doing the right thing. Ford basically told me they put their corporate dealers before me and every other reservation holder who have been waiting patiently for well over a year now. My solution is to vote with my dollars and for now my money is going towards a Jeep. If they prove me wrong I'll be man enough to admit it and search for a better product for my next purchase. :)
I think that's the fallacy here thinking the Jeep and Bronco have the "same top." I mean, yea they are both MIC (I guess) and both made by Wabasco, but some kind of change needs to be made to the Bronco top design apparently. Again, I don't know if its a design flaw, or a manufacturing issue.

I do understand frustration of not being able to acquire the product you have worked hard to get and paid the deposit on. For me though, trying to project "values" and such (like thinking they are going to place individual concerns over the concerns of their large dealers - who are undoubtedly rigorously and collectively breathing down Ford's neck) to a corporation is akin to asking a Lion to be sorry for taking down the Gazelle. The Lion is going to do what's best for the Lion.
Sponsored