Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
From a special edition of the Retiree newsletter

Hi, Ford Team.

At close of business in Dearborn today, we reported strong third-quarter 2021 financial results, as we accelerate implementation of the Ford+ plan to transform and grow the company. Take a look on @FordOnline and at our investor site to find our press release and other information about the quarter. A replay of the call Jim Farley and I have with stock analysts is also posted there or will be soon.

Dedicate some time to going through the information. Encourage your colleagues to do the same. Let's help each other understand and contribute to turning the promise of Ford+ into reality, for customers and everyone else who depends on the company.

Ford+ is a year old this month, and we're gaining real traction with the plan. We're starting to see results as we drive growth and create value for our customers. In Q3, all our vital financial metrics -- revenue, net income, adjusted earnings before interest and taxes, and adjusted free cash flow -- were up sharply compared with Q2.

The semiconductor shortage remains a challenge, but availability was much better for us in the third quarter than in the second quarter. Thanks to the hard work of our Purchasing and Material, Planning and Logistics teams, we were able to get more of our must-have vehicles in customer driveways. Those increased deliveries, a strong vehicle mix and favorable pricing helped produce adjusted earnings before interest and taxes, or adjusted EBIT, of $3 billion.

Like Jim is telling analysts, Ford+ isn't a tagline. it's a comprehensive, ambitious plan to develop and market the best connected electric vehicles and services. We're treating customers like family. We're disrupting old habits and modernizing the business. And we're competing like a challenger with new, game-changing products and services.

People are noticing, especially customers. You can see it in in all of our businesses.
Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Create growth &value, treat customers like family? They might want to ask customers and not rely on an analyst...
Well a lot of family members lie , cheat and steal so maybe they polled those :lipssealed:

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
Create growth &value, treat customers like family? They might want to ask customers and not rely on an analyst...
Until Ford’s dealers start treating customers like family, Ford’s customers won’t notice any difference in behavior.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Now Phil, once again, this is no place for any Ford positivity. Everyone is only here to be mad and talk s$%t about Bronco ordering and dealer service depts. right now. Its all we have room for. If you don't have anything bad to say, say nothing at all.. That how that goes?

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well a lot of family members lie , cheat and steal so maybe they polled those :lipssealed:
Sorry but I don't see any aspect of your comment in what Phil posted.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Sorry but I don't see any aspect of your comment in what Phil posted.
It wasn't referring to what Phil posted, but what Fawnbuster posted.

Though I have to say personally, I was pleasantly surprised to get a pre-paid Mastercard from Ford for having to take my truck to the dealer for the fuel in oil issue. (almost threw it away thinking it was another pre-approved credit card application)

I neither requested nor expected anything special since the issue was resolved, so it was a nice surprise.

That built some good will for me.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It wasn't referring to what Phil posted, but what Fawnbuster posted.

Though I have to say personally, I was pleasantly surprised to get a pre-paid Mastercard from Ford for having to take my truck to the dealer for the fuel in oil issue.

That built some good will for me.
Ok I didn't see that.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Oh don't worry we will hear all about the evils of Ford all over again lol.
But hey, at least here the complaints are left for all to see, unlike a certain ** site where any disparaging comments about the Chariot Of The Gods is either buried or deleted.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh don't worry we will hear all about the evils of Ford all over again lol.
Well at least I don't walk around blinded with fanboy envy like some. :rolleyes: I call it likeI see it and if the truth hurts so be it. There's no denying Ford has screwed up the Bronco launch royally after promising better results from the failed Explorer launch. If you think getting a hardtop with delaminating seams is acceptable after paying $50K+ you're in the minority.

Never did I say all Ford products are bad but the way Ford treated Bronco reservation holder should sour most people but I guess until it happens to you it won't. No one in their right mind would wait 4 years for an order especially when Ford changed the rules on them. Somehow you still cannot see this but good luck in your next order.

All manufacturers have their issues it's how they handle them that counts. We've now seen how Ford handles theirs and it was the WRONG way.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well at least I don't walk around blinded with fanboy envy like some. :rolleyes: I call it likeI see it and if the truth hurts so be it. There's no denying Ford has screwed up the Bronco launch royally after promising better results from the failed Explorer launch. If you think getting a hardtop with delaminating seams is acceptable after paying $50K+ you're in the minority.

Never did I say all Ford products are bad but the way Ford treated Bronco reservation holder should sour most people but I guess until it happens to you it won't. No one in their right mind would wait 4 years for an order especially when Ford changed the rules on them. Somehow you still cannot see this but good luck in your next order.

All manufacturers have their issues it's how they handle them that counts. We've now seen how Ford handles theirs and it was the WRONG way.
called it
Sponsored