Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Note the end wrt warranty....This is what I see from these forums! Gotta get their respective A$$s in gear!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Reiired

Today, we announced our third-quarter 2019 financial results. You can read the earnings press release here. The slides we use with and the transcript of our call with stock analysts will be available here.

First, there were many good things in our third-quarter performance.

We achieved solid operational results, delivering today against some of our abundant growth opportunities. Our adjusted free cash flow was up in Q3 and for the first nine months of the year.

At the same time, we made further progress carrying out Ford's Global Redesign. Reducing structural costs across the company will enable us to win over the long haul. We are becoming more customer focused, more fit and more agile -- steering resources into the types of vehicles that people want and are best for our business.

Second, I want to update you on our outlook for full-year 2019 results.

We still anticipate full-year growth in adjusted free cash flow. However, with certain headwinds intensifying in the fourth quarter, we no longer expect an increase in 2019 earnings. That's disappointing. But we're confident we are laying the groundwork for sustained greater profitability and cash flow over time.

One of the headwinds we're facing is coming from within: higher warranty costs, which we know is not OK.

We are taking extensive actions to improve the performance and durability of our vehicles, like centralizing our core engineering responsibilities. We're also bolstering our processes for integrating development and production systems and for assuring design accuracy.

Our 2019 third quarter showed again that Ford is getting stronger, even while there's more we can and need to do.
Sponsored

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
One of the headwinds we're facing is coming from within: higher warranty costs, which we know is not OK.

We are taking extensive actions to improve the performance and durability of our vehicles, like centralizing our core engineering responsibilities. We're also bolstering our processes for integrating development and production systems and for assuring design accuracy.

Our 2019 third quarter showed again that Ford is getting stronger, even while there's more we can and need to do.
The Explorer/Aviator launch issues is sounding more & more like a real cluster: https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...explorer-lincoln-aviator-delivery/2292795001/

I was seriously considering the new Explorer ST before changing my mind to the Ranger.