Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
20220124_091619.png

Cropped out that part from an accident scene pic. You can see it there when you know what you're looking for.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
While washing the truck this weekend I found something new...

90cfe000-b699-49d9-a3a3-47a6ac556355-Damage-9.jpg

Top line is a shadow. Bottom line is a crease. Light appears to be fine. It has seen a few carwashes, storms, and temp swings. No drops or fog.

I was soo pissed. Thought the dealership did it Friday when it was in for an oil change. I saw no way that it could've happened in the accident or that I could've missed it.

I calmly went in and talked to the advisor that usually takes care of me. Asked if we could talk outside and VERY CALMLY showed him and explained to him my problem. My wife would've been so proud I kept the red headed devil locked away!

Louis showed me their "preinspection" photos and sure enough. I could see it in the pics. I apologized and we left on a good note.

Been using these dudes over a decade. So glad they didn't do it. But I still didn't think the white plastic piece could've pushed the fender up like that and was stumped where it could've happened.

I went ahead and put my virtual claim in including it as I figured that must've been what happened but I still felt uneasy, as if I was committing a fraud. Finally I remembered to check my pictures of the accident scene.

Can't attach it in this post. I'll try to get it posted. It's clearly there.

For anybody else check your fenders after even a minor center front collision.
At least it shows up in the accident scene pictures so the adjuster should easily bale to file this for you. I think sometimes we're concentrating on the larger damage we forget to thoroughly inspect the vehicle for smaller stuff. Good thing you caught it now before all the repairs were done.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Nice find! Much less expensive than other options and much more in line with the bent piece of metal that it is.

Drivers out here suck, period. Dry, wet, ice, doesn't matter, they're terrible.
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2022/01/18/colorado-worst-states-drive-wallethub/

it will only get worse as population growth exceeded the highway infrastructure decades ago, seems about time to waste another $10m or so on another study about fixing I-70 woes in the mtns. IMO it should have been made a toll road some 30 yrs back to bankroll expanding it or better still a rail line.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
At least it shows up in the accident scene pictures so the adjuster should easily bale to file this for you. I think sometimes we're concentrating on the larger damage we forget to thoroughly inspect the vehicle for smaller stuff. Good thing you caught it now before all the repairs were done.
Exactly. Adjuster was sent all those photos the day after the accident as well. So we should be good as far as proof goes.

I had checked as far as the gap at the fender and that white plastic piece on top of the bumper. It looked perferfectly fine by Ford standards. But I had stopped there.

Must've buckled that fender enough to crease the aluminum.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Jesus man Stevie Wonder could've pointed that out to you, how'd you miss it?

And how are you going to get additional charges attached to this guy on the back end? You're not law enforcement.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Jesus man Stevie Wonder could've pointed that out to you, how'd you miss it?

And how are you going to get additional charges attached to this guy on the back end? You're not law enforcement.
I'm just a milkman. Not an autobody instructor. If it's not a cooler on a porch I ain't seeing it.

In reality, guess I never let the light move over that area as I didn't expect damage there.

By speaking with the prosecuter when I meet with him before the court date for his careless driving ticket and informing him that the insurance documentation provided at the scene of the accident was fraudulent and that no insurance was carried on the vehicle at the time of the accident.

My wife works for another court jurisdiction and has informed me this is a POSSIBILITY. It is ultimately up to the prosecuter, however the court clerk has made it seem likely in our conversation.

I have no doubt I'll receive a restitution judgment for my deductible and rental car expenses. Wether I actually see any of that money is debatable. Additional charges would be the icing on the cake.

Considering my wife, who was driving at the time, will be accompanying me to dude's court date, and that she has a working relationship with many in the jurisdiction this occurred. I'm betting my cake will be iced to the fullest extent of the law.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just a milkman. Not an autobody instructor. If it's not a cooler on a porch I ain't seeing it.

In reality, guess I never let the light move over that area as I didn't expect damage there.

By speaking with the prosecuter when I meet with him before the court date for his careless driving ticket and informing him that the insurance documentation provided at the scene of the accident was fraudulent and that no insurance was carried on the vehicle at the time of the accident.

My wife works for another court jurisdiction and has informed me this is a POSSIBILITY. It is ultimately up to the prosecuter, however the court clerk has made it seem likely in our conversation.

I have no doubt I'll receive a restitution judgment for my deductible and rental car expenses. Wether I actually see any of that money is debatable. Additional charges would be the icing on the cake.

Considering my wife, who was driving at the time, will be accompanying me to dude's court date, and that she has a working relationship with many in the jurisdiction this occurred. I'm betting my cake will be iced to the fullest extent of the law.
Ok I gotcha, I thought they might be deputizing milkmen these days or some such up there in ColorAdo.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Ok I gotcha, I thought they might be deputizing milkmen these days or some such up there in ColorAdo.
Not to my knowledge.

Although apparently Joe Exotic was once a Police Chief. So, anything is possible?

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
For a number of yrs when I lived in Denver for my job I traveled to Wyoming for a decade and Montana for a few yrs, loved both so long as it wasn't winter, never ceased to amaze me crossing the CO state line to WY how much changed - wind, cold, but liked the folks in cheyenne, been over 10 yrs but they were on the whole courteous and very genuine. Recall doing biz with the state agencies and meeting with the head of revenue, walking by the gov's office and he says, let's go meet the gov and just walked into his office as simple as that. I'm sure it's different now. Driving to Laramie in the winter - that could be an adventure.
I used to live in Salt Lake City. Being from Iowa, I made many trips through Wyoming and there was ALWAYS a storm between Cheyenne and Laramie, no matter what season.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
So truck goes to the bodyshop in the morning. Quite the wait, but I know, trust, and like these guys so it should be worth the wait.

Plan is to have them straighten and paint the fender crease, paint the plastic bit above the steel bumper, and that's about it. I've pulled the fascia piece and skidplate. I've got a new fascia piece in black, just need to paint the sensors and skidplate black. Also picked up the SVC lightbar to install. The bumper was tweaked a bit under the fascia, but all plastics should fit back on and cover everything up. We'll find out shortly.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Got a call Friday afternoon. Truck will be ready for pickup Monday morning.

Today I got all my lower front bits painted and put together. Should be a quick finish once I get her home.

20220604_195915.jpg

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got a call Friday afternoon. Truck will be ready for pickup Monday morning.

Today I got all my lower front bits painted and put together. Should be a quick finish once I get her home.

20220604_195915.jpg
Hi Doug,

The Iceman cometh, eh?

Best,
Phil
Sponsored