Think it's totalled?

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Shhhhhh

Let's try to keep it as much of a secret as we can.
For a number of yrs when I lived in Denver for my job I traveled to Wyoming for a decade and Montana for a few yrs, loved both so long as it wasn't winter, never ceased to amaze me crossing the CO state line to WY how much changed - wind, cold, but liked the folks in cheyenne, been over 10 yrs but they were on the whole courteous and very genuine. Recall doing biz with the state agencies and meeting with the head of revenue, walking by the gov's office and he says, let's go meet the gov and just walked into his office as simple as that. I'm sure it's different now. Driving to Laramie in the winter - that could be an adventure.
Sponsored

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
JACKSON HOLE, JACKSON HOLE... GRAND TETONS, GRAND TETONS....POWDER SKIING, POWDER SKIING.

best,
Phil
Jackson Hole has already been lost to the Trust-a-fundians.

But quiet, you!

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Shhhhhh

Let's try to keep it as much of a secret as we can.
Jackson / Jackson Hole is pretty spendy place these days compared to years ago. The rest of the state is Mountains and High Desert.

hmmm... Now that I think about this...

Get a Gigabit Internet and I'll stay anywhere. Hangout with the Bison and Wolves too, a nice bonus with no one else around.

People from the PNW are now starting to move to the Dakotas. Idaho is tapped out on Californians. I think Western Montana will fill up, but Eastern Montana... that goes on forever.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
For a number of yrs when I lived in Denver for my job I traveled to Wyoming for a decade and Montana for a few yrs, loved both so long as it wasn't winter, never ceased to amaze me crossing the CO state line to WY how much changed - wind, cold, but liked the folks in cheyenne, been over 10 yrs but they were on the whole courteous and very genuine. Recall doing biz with the state agencies and meeting with the head of revenue, walking by the gov's office and he says, let's go meet the gov and just walked into his office as simple as that. I'm sure it's different now. Driving to Laramie in the winter - that could be an adventure.
You're right about the state line part. Between the wind and the snow winters up there can get rough.

The folks up there are really down to earth.

Jackson / Jackson Hole is pretty spendy place these days compared to years ago. The rest of the state is Mountains and High Desert.

hmmm... Now that I think about this...

Get a Gigabit Internet and I'll stay anywhere. Hangout with the Bison and Wolves too, a nice bonus with no one else around.

People from the PNW are now starting to move to the Dakotas. Idaho is tapped out on Californians. I think Western Montana will fill up, but Eastern Montana... that goes on forever.
Mountains and high desert are pretty okay in my book.

I like the Dakotas too.

Our youngest will be out of the house in about 6-7 years. Our search for the "right" spot will begin in earnest then.

For now I'm just window shopping.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I can be a spiteful prick when someone is stupid and/or an ass.

I was once rear-ended in stop-and-go interstate traffic by a woman who was sniffing her armpits. Not even a scuff on my 98 Ranger for that one, but my hitch receiver punched a square hole in her front bumper. Called the cops on principle for that one. We were both from out of state, but the cop loved writing her a ticket over that one.

On another incident a few yrs ago, someone hit my car in the parking lot at work (a nature center), parked, and went out for a hike. Someone in the office witnessed all this. I went out to investigate, saw the damage to my car (lots of scratches, but no structural damage). The car that did it parked right next to me, and you could see the paint transfer. I called the cops because the lady took off.

She came back from her hike to find the cop waiting for her in the parking lot while I went back to work. Turned out that I actually knew the lady - she was a regular guest. She left a note...on her OWN windshield *facepalm*. I dunno if she got a ticket for hit-and-run or not, but my car got fresh paint from her insurance at least.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I can be a spiteful prick when someone is stupid and/or an ass.

I was once rear-ended in stop-and-go interstate traffic by a woman who was sniffing her armpits. Not even a scuff on my 98 Ranger for that one, but my hitch receiver punched a square hole in her front bumper. Called the cops on principle for that one. We were both from out of state, but the cop loved writing her a ticket over that one.

On another incident a few yrs ago, someone hit my car in the parking lot at work (a nature center), parked, and went out for a hike. Someone in the office witnessed all this. I went out to investigate, saw the damage to my car (lots of scratches, but no structural damage). The car that did it parked right next to me, and you could see the paint transfer. I called the cops because the lady took off.

She came back from her hike to find the cop waiting for her in the parking lot while I went back to work. Turned out that I actually knew the lady - she was a regular guest. She left a note...on her OWN windshield *facepalm*. I dunno if she got a ticket for hit-and-run or not, but my car got fresh paint from her insurance at least.
I'm exactly the same. Like I said, had he acted with civility I probably would've let him go on down the road.

It's obvious he's not in the best financial situation by his car and the address on the report. Sad for him that his douchebaggery will now cost him even more.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
We're going through the second invasion of the south here in North Carolina right now. Like you Andrew, I really don't mind anyone moving into my state, but I wish they wouldn't bring their bad habits with them. We've been to Montana several times, and love the beauty. I went as far as finding some acerage with a house in the middle, but the wife wouldn't budge. Said it got way to cold in the winter for the southern girl. :)
Maybe our wives are long lost sisters! On top of the aversion to cold though, my Princess is also a city girl. She’d go nuts after a couple of months! But she is also starting to talk about looking someplace else.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Maybe our wives are long lost sisters! On top of the aversion to cold though, my Princess is also a city girl. She’d go nuts after a couple of months! But she is also starting to talk about looking someplace else.
You mentioned Saratoga - that's a really nice place - huntin, fishin, golf, hot springs and so on, been there yrs back but never looked into real estate prices. After 40 yrs in Denver we moved to Pagosa Springs - was looking there and a few other area away from the front range, every year prices rose but the past 2 yrs they really spiked so we bit the bullet and got a place with 3 acres, resident elk herd periodically passes 20 yds off my back deck. This winter getting hammered by snow but wife loves to snow shoe and ski.
A few places in SW Colorado that aren't as of yet overdeveloped - naturita, uravan come to mind, some interesting people do reside there though.
Denver has a lot to offer but it has certainly changed and growth continues without much address to infrastructure, like seeing posts from natives like yourself and people like D Fresh who have been there a while and also see the posts from relative newcomers - assume many are younger that think it's the cat's meow.
A walnut bedroom set was left in the Pagosa house, sold it to rancher from Bayfield whose family was here in the 1800s - he said his great grandfather had a opportunity to buy the property that rough half the town of aspen sits on for $1k .
Great memories of many backpack trips to the Aspen area - Snowmass Lake, awesome rainbow fishing ( no longer) , Pierre Lakes, Capitol Lake and of course conundrum hot springs when you go back there before the masses descended.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I have to be honest when I say I drive fairly aggressive in my Ranger when the pavement is dry and the weather is good. When it's starts with the winter weather, I slow my arse WAY down and drive like I've got a gallon of grease sitting in an open container on my back seat. I will tell you this is the exact opposite for MANY Colorado drivers!!!! A good number of these Subaru drivers turn in to complete idiots in the snow/ice. They will pull out in front of you in a second and they seem to think those little tin boxes will keep them alive in a serious crash.....sorry but TOTAL DA's! IMHO, as always ;)
BTW...the jury is still out with me on whether or not the Snow Setting in the Terrain Mode is better than just normal 4WD in the ice/snow......

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Oh Lord, they must be cut from the same cloth. We live in our cities Histotic District just a half mile from downtown proper. Mine has said many times she ain't moving anywhere that's in the middle of nowhere. I'm not sure, but do you think we may have spoiled these women. :)

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
You mentioned Saratoga - that's a really nice place - huntin, fishin, golf, hot springs and so on, been there yrs back but never looked into real estate prices. After 40 yrs in Denver we moved to Pagosa Springs - was looking there and a few other area away from the front range, every year prices rose but the past 2 yrs they really spiked so we bit the bullet and got a place with 3 acres, resident elk herd periodically passes 20 yds off my back deck. This winter getting hammered by snow but wife loves to snow shoe and ski.
A few places in SW Colorado that aren't as of yet overdeveloped - naturita, uravan come to mind, some interesting people do reside there though.
Denver has a lot to offer but it has certainly changed and growth continues without much address to infrastructure, like seeing posts from natives like yourself and people like D Fresh who have been there a while and also see the posts from relative newcomers - assume many are younger that think it's the cat's meow.
A walnut bedroom set was left in the Pagosa house, sold it to rancher from Bayfield whose family was here in the 1800s - he said his great grandfather had a opportunity to buy the property that rough half the town of aspen sits on for $1k .
Great memories of many backpack trips to the Aspen area - Snowmass Lake, awesome rainbow fishing ( no longer) , Pierre Lakes, Capitol Lake and of course conundrum hot springs when you go back there before the masses descended.
Wasn’t Cunundrum incredible? People find it hard to believe when I describe it to them. Many pack trips into the Maroon Bells and have spent a lot of time on the Roaring Fork and Frying Pan.

We’ve enjoyed Saratoga the last few years. The Princess can have a soak and hit the spa while I go fish. Going back this Spring, hopefully the runoff ends just before we get there.

Pagosa Springs is a beautiful area! Your place sounds exactly like what we would be looking for. Replace “elk” with “turkeys” and it would be perfect! I have hunted elk with my bow a couple times, was mostly worried about what I would do if I actually hit one.

Have also spent some time around Delores. The same sort of interesting people live there as well.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Oh Lord, they must be cut from the same cloth. We live in our cities Histotic District just a half mile from downtown proper. Mine has said many times she ain't moving anywhere that's in the middle of nowhere. I'm not sure, but do you think we may have spoiled these women. :)
And it continues…our home was built in 1908. In one of the original Denver neighborhoods. My wife works Downtown and sometimes rides her bike, five minutes when she drives. Totally spoiled! On her good days, she even acknowledges it.

OP
OP

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Pics of damage after washing the crap off.

All damage seems to be on the valence and white trim piece, whatever it's called.

Should all be covered by a new plate holder.

Considering not fixing it, but the damage on the white is concerning me. Might not be able to live with that.

Most definitely getting the valence and skindplate painted black if/when it goes in.

20220110_164007.jpg

20220110_164053.jpg

20220110_164043.jpg
20220110_164047.jpg

Got a call with the adjuster tomorrow.

Kemo Sabe

First Name
Kemo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Thanks Dave!

Uninsured motorist coverage is mandated in my state, we'll be fine. Although I'm betting that by the time I'm done with this I'll wish I could've just dealt with it myself, small claims or whatever.

By the way. KIA lady was a dude.

Look out for this winner if you're driving in Colorado.

Resized_20220106_154146.jpeg

Right?!

Tires were bald AF.

He tried to tell my wife there was no damage as he handed her the license plate through the window. Apparently he went quite pale when she replied "I'm calling the cops, I work for the courts, I know how this works." He also said at some point, "I can't believe you didn't move."

Like I said, real winner.
What a jerk!! No wonder he wrecked. He can’t see over his multi-layer throat!