OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well some good news, Tune Outdoor will have an authorized dealer/installer in VA after march. That is only a 900 mile round trip, a much more doable game plan.

Another non-related small rant; companies that clearly want to establish a social media presence, but then don't answer any questions and generally not comment at all. Is that not the entire point?

I have a FB account for two purposes only (0 friends); keeping up with hobby groups and keeping aware of company products.

E-mailing for sales inquires also seems to be a crapshoot if it gets answered in less than a few weeks or if at all.

I quite literally get faster response times from Chinese companies selling on Amazon for rinky dink disposable items.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Updated Scheduling;

Calling next week to put my deposit down a Tune M1, but with a delayed build date till Q4 24' or Q1 25' because I want the tailgate replacing hatch rear they currently have in R&D. Basically something similar to the Allucard offering;

1712433011111-tk.png

I've had to accept the fact I really don't want to deal with a tail-gate and swing up hatch option as I get older. The only other options I will be adding are a single Maxxfan over the bed area and a pre-wired solar gland. I'll built and wire everything else myself.

Since I don't do outdoor sports, I can pretty much dedicate the entire roof to a 600W solar setup I have planned.

I'll be price locked for current rate with the deposit down, but it will cost about $1,500 more for the remote install in VA vs CO. Which is fine, again we are talking 3,000 miles vs 900 miles. Worth it to me.

AndyMedic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Paramedic
Just got my Tune today and I already love it. You’ll be happy.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my Tune today and I already love it. You’ll be happy.
Yea just got final info from Tune about options I want, so it sucks I cant play in one till next year, but it will be worth the wait while they develop them.

Good news is, plenty of time so I can just flat pay cash for it with new earnings stead of dipping in my stashes.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Super excited to report I finally washed 2 months worth of pollen off it. Those of you with hard shell type RTT's know what this lovely PITA I got to experience for the first time was like.

Yea, sorry - that is all I got.

IMG_20240428_164912.jpg

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So now that you've had the Chevy for a while, what are your overall thoughts?

Has it met your expectations?

Do you wish you'd waited for the Raptor?

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So now that you've had the Chevy for a while, what are your overall thoughts?
It is not getting much use this year, but what little a drive it, it operates as it should. Feels slower than my Ranger with 93 tune, but has more quality of life features. I've driven it less than 250 miles since January. Busy working as much OT as possible to pay cash for the Tune M1 camper.

Has it met your expectations?
My expectations were pretty low. I just wanted an upgrade from 2WD. Some days I miss my Ranger, but that is more nostalgia than anything I believe. So yes.

Do you wish you'd waited for the Raptor?
Outside of the vanity of owning a "Raptor" - no not really. I've come to the realization than living on the east coast, aka no dunes, I really wouldn't have a use for that increase in motor. To that extent the Baja mode in the ZR2 is sort of going to waste too.
Sponsored