OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I put one of those on my MTB and still added a gel cover. ?
Did the cover make an improvement to the comfort? Does the cover slide any or is it firm?

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Did the cover make an improvement to the comfort? Does the cover slide any or is it firm?
It's a snug fit and stays in place. The combination of the seat and cover is a huge improvement. I also did a handlebar stem extender which helped also.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's a snug fit and stays in place. The combination of the seat and cover is a huge improvement.
My new seat is working good so far but need to do more testing and maybe some adjustments to determine the outcome. Can you send me a link for the cover in case I need to go to that?

Thanks!

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
My new seat is working good so far but need to do more testing and maybe some adjustments to determine the outcome. Can you send me a link for the cover in case I need to go to that?

Thanks!
I bought mine here in the Philippines at the bike shop where I got my bike.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
Found this on eBay…perfect.

5DFE47CE-7D5E-478A-A0F2-629E1D56EC6F.jpeg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got a taillight for the bike as an addition to the headlight. Also, some red & white reflector tape. Don't ride at night but do evening rides and have come in a few times late when there was too little light left for safety. Also, don't want to get caught out after dark without lighting. Amazon had a discount on these with decent reviews. Package of two taillights which gives a backup. Steady, flashing and blinking modes with a quick release to remove the light from the fixture. Works as a passive reflector when the light is not on.

Amazon.com : BV Rear Bike Tail Light 2 Pack, Bicycle LED Rear Lights, Easy to Install for Cycling Safety Flashlight (Screw Mount) : Bike Taillights : Sports & Outdoors

Package.jpg

View 1.jpg

View 2.jpg

View 3.jpg

View 4.jpg

Last edited:

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Substantial comfort is important when riding a bike :thumbsup:
It's all about your sit bones and the way they line up with the saddle.

Those two bones at the bottom of your pelvic, Find a saddle that makes them happy and you get long rides with comfort. It aint about all the padding on a saddle. If you ride enough, your bum knows it and is used to it. Get a good saddle and a proper fit at your local bicycle shop.

Many miles of enjoyment on your ride!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Got a taillight for the bike as an addition to the headlight. Also, some red & white reflector tape. Don't ride at night but do evening rides and have come in a few times late when there too little light left for safety. Also, don't want to be caught out after dark without lighting. Amazon had a discount on these with decent reviews. Package of two taillights which gives a backup. Steady, flashing and blinking modes with a quick release to remove the light from the fixture. Works as a passive reflector when the light is now on.
Great idea Paul - I got caught off guard heading up to the summit of South Moutain Preserves in Phoenix once (travel through time zones, daylight saving observance, and a brain fart all in one). It was pitch black when I got up top. I had to ride the service road down and then ride sidewalks along the busy road back to the trailhead. One of those sure would have helped me be seen while descending that twisty service road.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's all about your sit bones and the way they line up with the saddle.

Those two bones at the bottom of your pelvic, Find a saddle that makes them happy and you get long rides with comfort. It aint about all the padding on a saddle. If you ride enough, your bum knows it and is used to it. Get a good saddle and a proper fit at your local bicycle shop.

Many miles of enjoyment on your ride!
Thanks for your reply!
It's also about doing the proper seat adjustments which can make or break the comfort tolerance. Size and shape can also make a difference on where the sit bones are positioned. My sit bones could not adjust to the 1st seat no matter what I tried. It was a WTB Salsa seat with thin padding and probably more for performance than a typical bike seat. Most of the research indicated that gel has the best comfort level and so far working out...hope this is the fix :thumbsup:

SL8 Saddle | WTB

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Thanks for your reply!
It's also about doing the proper seat adjustments which can make or break the comfort tolerance. Size and shape can also make a difference on where the sit bones are positioned. My sit bones could not adjust to the 1st seat no matter what I tried. It was a WTB Salsa seat with thin padding and probably more for performance than a typical bike seat. Most of the research indicated that gel has the best comfort level and so far working out...hope this is the fix :thumbsup:

SL8 Saddle | WTB
I am Fizik guy myself. and a proper fit for you on your bike is a must. Makes the rides so much better. My first years were messy, now I am dialed in after a fit by a pro cyclist trainer.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Great idea Paul - I got caught off guard heading up to the summit of South Moutain Preserves in Phoenix once (travel through time zones, daylight saving observance, and a brain fart all in one). It was pitch black when I got up top. I had to ride the service road down and then ride sidewalks along the busy road back to the trailhead. One of those sure would have helped me be seen while descending that twisty service road.
That had to be a scary experience! :oops: You can never tell who's going to be coming up on a service road. It is scary to be out in the dark on a bike without lighting even on the streets. If it wasn't too far, I would probably tend to walk the bike home rather than risk riding it!
Sponsored