Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Really nice photos, is this a hobby of yours? Taking notes, I always do further away shots for flowers but up close looks great with the focus on the flowers and the blur in the back. Sorry if my terminology is inadequate, I am speaking out my butt of knowledge. What kind of camera do you use? I always wanted to get in photography as a hobby, but it's a tad daunting with all the terms and tech heavy cameras...
Photography can be a rewarding hobby. Don't be intimidated. I suggest checking out if your local schools or community Colleges offer any photography classes. Hopefully they will, post covid. I did that several years ago. The first thing the teacher told us was that we WOULD NOT be using any auto settings on our cameras, Manual only. WHAT no auto???

It was a fun class and very informative. The only pressure and intimidation for me was when a friend asked me to photograph his wedding. My deal was no promises and no money. I admit to being a bit nervous. It turned out good and I got a certificate to a steak house. :thumbsup: Good luck.
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yes it's just a hobby. I would love to make it more than a hobby but I just don't have time. I just teach myself as time allows. A lot of it I've learned while running AV for my church throughout the years. The hardware I use is a Panasonic Lumix GX85, and for those shots I used a Lumix G II 20mm lens. Usually I use that lens for videography and astrophotography but I wanted to see how it did with close up photography. They turned out really well with the bokeh (background blur) and required very little post editing.
What a fruitful hobby. Thanks for the detailed response and learned the blur is called bokeh :)

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Photography can be a rewarding hobby. Don't be intimidated. I suggest checking out if your local schools or community Colleges offer any photography classes. Hopefully they will, post covid. I did that several years ago. The first thing the teacher told us was that we WOULD NOT be using any auto settings on our cameras, Manual only. WHAT no auto???

It was a fun class and very informative. The only pressure and intimidation for me was when a friend asked me to photograph his wedding. My deal was no promises and no money. I admit to being a bit nervous. It turned out good and I got a certificate to a steak house. :thumbsup: Good luck.
Hahaha, “manual only” does sound intimidating. That’s a great idea on going to a class on it, I’ll definitely consider that in the further future.

That’s sweet it all worked out with the wedding :) free steak tastes the best ?

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
Hahaha, “manual only” does sound intimidating. That’s a great idea on going to a class on it, I’ll definitely consider that in the further future.

That’s sweet it all worked out with the wedding :) free steak tastes the best ?
Free food is ALWAYS the best :D
Manual mode on a camera is very intimidating, and is something I am still learning. If your local library is open some of them have books on photography, or you can buy the "for dummies" books and their equivalent off of amazon lol.

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
Members of the Texas Archeology Society doing an exploratory dig, in my yard, around the mound/midden. Very interesting to see how methodical and precise it was done. It will be registered with the State and I will be provided with a detailed map showing all believed sites on the property. What happens after that is up to me. Fun day.....

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Members of the Texas Archeology Society doing an exploratory dig, in my yard, around the mound/midden. Very interesting to see how methodical and precise it was done. It will be registered with the State and I will be provided with a detailed map showing all believed sites on the property. What happens after that is up to me. Fun day.....

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg
Interesting, what are they expecting to find?

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg
Neat.

When they refill the hole, be sure to advise them that the green side goes up.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
What did you do this time?:angel::LOL:

Believe it or not nothing! It was her birthday the other day and next weekend we're going on a sunset dinner cruise around Lake Pleasant. Trust me I need all the brownie points I can get! :giggle:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Believe it or not nothing! It was her birthday the other day and next weekend we're going on a sunset dinner cruise around Lake Pleasant. Trust me I need all the brownie points I can get! :giggle:
WEll, you know what they say about prior planning...in cases involving significant others, prior planning DOES NOT prevent piss poor performance ?

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
That's so cool! I love history and would LOVE is they were doing something like this on my property haha. I'm afraid all they will get here is loads and loads of red clay....