jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I know the area well. Lived in KC for many years (now in South Carolina, boy do I miss KC) Nice Pics!
people actually like kc??? also thats hours away from kc lol

i live out near kc and would rather be anywhere else lol
Sponsored

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 05 &10 Subaru STI, 911, LC +2
Occupation
ER Nurse/Nursing Instructor Retired
people actually like kc??? also thats hours away from kc lol

Yes, indeed it is, but I have actually traveled more than 25 miles from home.

i live out near kc and would rather be anywhere else lol
"people actually like kc??? also thats hours away from kc lol"

"i live out near kc and would rather be anywhere else lol"

Sorry, perhaps then a move is in order.

I found KC a remarkably easy city to live in and I have lived in several. They do an excellent job of building roads and moving traffic as compared to other cities of size. Real-estate is quite reasonable. Lots to do and good four season weather. Only 11-12 hours to Winter Park CO and only 14 to Grand Junction. It now takes me two and a half days to do the Colorado trip, but I still do it at least twice a year and often three times (Leaving here March 4 to Winter Park). If my wife's family didn't need us here in the Charleston SC area (which by the way SUCKS) I would move back in a heartbeat. In fact we are considering buying a second home back in the area. Sorry you don't like the area, I know how you feel about one's current location...Willing to trade? :)

Mt Garfield...CO
3CD83BCE-5A9A-48A8-92A8-241BB9EDE5AB.jpeg

Last edited:

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
"people actually like kc??? also thats hours away from kc lol"

"i live out near kc and would rather be anywhere else lol"

Sorry, perhaps then a move is in order.

I found KC a remarkably easy city to live in and I have lived in several. They do an excellent job of building roads and moving traffic as compared to other cities of size. Real-estate is quite reasonable. Lots to do and good four season weather. Only 11-12 hours to Winter Park CO and only 14 to Grand Junction. It now takes me two and a half days to do the Colorado trip, but I still do it at least twice a year and often three times (Leaving here March 4 to Winter Park). If my wife's family didn't need us here in the Charleston SC area (which by the way SUCKS) I would move back in a heartbeat. In fact we are considering buying a second home back in the area. Sorry you don't like the area, I know how you feel about one's current location...Willing to trade? :)
haha ive lived out here my whole life so its pretty dang boring tbh.... the streets need lots of work sadly but not as bad as Michigan at least! but it does flow well but i think that has to do with the size of the city. the crime out here is going up but is slowly going away from kc and working towards into independence and onward which sucks... kc has some stuff to do but the majority is out in overland park these days it seems.. any new restaurant or fun stuff is out in kansas so if you can afford it id say move to the kansas side not the mo side! you can then skip out on inspections on the vehicle and the end of the year gouge on property tax... housing has always been cheap because well its not that great here lol its pretty flat and boring so its cheaper then most now the property tax sucks! at least in the county im in.. we havent had good four season weather in awhile tbh we do have summer and fall and spring and winter but fall is more or less everything dies off in one day so you dont get to enjoy it anymore... then its stupid cold or randomly 55? so our four seasons are a bit confused now lol.

i understand your want to be near CO. its a great state and the cost to live in the state is just stupid lol. and i may have a lot of friends in charleston sc buuut i dont wanna go that way lmao i wanna go more west tbh not exactly sure where yet but one day i will go lol

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
haha ive lived out here my whole life so its pretty dang boring tbh.... the streets need lots of work sadly but not as bad as Michigan at least! but it does flow well but i think that has to do with the size of the city. the crime out here is going up but is slowly going away from kc and working towards into independence and onward which sucks... kc has some stuff to do but the majority is out in overland park these days it seems.. any new restaurant or fun stuff is out in kansas so if you can afford it id say move to the kansas side not the mo side! you can then skip out on inspections on the vehicle and the end of the year gouge on property tax... housing has always been cheap because well its not that great here lol its pretty flat and boring so its cheaper then most now the property tax sucks! at least in the county im in.. we havent had good four season weather in awhile tbh we do have summer and fall and spring and winter but fall is more or less everything dies off in one day so you dont get to enjoy it anymore... then its stupid cold or randomly 55? so our four seasons are a bit confused now lol.

i understand your want to be near CO. its a great state and the cost to live in the state is just stupid lol. and i may have a lot of friends in charleston sc buuut i dont wanna go that way lmao i wanna go more west tbh not exactly sure where yet but one day i will go lol
? There are only two seasons here hot and ridiculous! Hold down the home front for me. When we make the second home purchase I will let you know and buy you a beer!

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
? There are only two seasons here hot and ridiculous! Hold down the home front for me. When we make the second home purchase I will let you know and buy you a beer!
haha ya my buddies out that way have told me the weather makes no sense sometimes! do you all at least get some snow? for my buddies it depends on what area they live in it seems.

haha for sure i hope to move one day but i got a good job here so no reason to leave atm i wouldnt mind a larger house with a bigger garage thou..

M SPEC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
haha ya my buddies out that way have told me the weather makes no sense sometimes! do you all at least get some snow? for my buddies it depends on what area they live in it seems.

haha for sure i hope to move one day but i got a good job here so no reason to leave atm i wouldnt mind a larger house with a bigger garage thou..
NO SNOW☹ Just hot

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I know that spot ?

F6365EB9-2B57-4515-889B-1E6A39146259.jpeg

3ish years ago when I had just got my white ranger.
haha sick man! im gonna try and explore more of kc this summer to find neat street art since one of my buddies likes that stuff

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
1st prize ?could be some chains and sand for the winner so he could get unstuck and save some serious shoe wear! :D

1674558761699.png
Chains and sand are for softies!
On ice track you drive your laps or park in snow pile - pick! Oh, sometimes you can’t pick, you just find yourself parking suddenly. ?

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Chains and sand is for softies!
On ice track you drive your laps or park in snow pile - pick! Oh, sometimes you can’t pick, you just find yourself parking suddenly. ?
Us desert dwellers are wimps in the cold! ? :whew:

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Us desert dwellers are wimps in the cold! ? :whew:
Hi Paul,

23°F @ 7am today... Trash day here....nearly froze to death taking the garbage can out to the curb.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

best,
Phil
Sponsored