Tailgate bolts after bed liner removal

lloydr1206

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercrew
I am looking to get a spray in bed liner and remove the OEM bed liner. I watched install videos and noticed that the tailgate cover comes with its own bolts but the dealership didn’t provide me with the ones they removed. Can I use the ones that I take out of the tailgate cover or do I need to buy replacements?

Any info would help. Even if somebody knows the bolt size so I can buy new ones, that’d be helpful since they’ll just be spraying over them on Monday.
Sponsored

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
I am looking to get a spray in bed liner and remove the OEM bed liner. I watched install videos and noticed that the tailgate cover comes with its own bolts but the dealership didn’t provide me with the ones they removed. Can I use the ones that I take out of the tailgate cover or do I need to buy replacements?

Any info would help. Even if somebody knows the bolt size so I can buy new ones, that’d be helpful since they’ll just be spraying over them on Monday.
The original were screws with a torx (t-20) head. I'm the opposite situation as you - I need the screws for the tailgate cover as they are a "special" type of screw with a recessed washer head. Ford told me you only get the screws (for the tailgate) when you purchase the bed and tailgate cover. I purchased just the tailgate cover...so I had to improvise. Attached are pics of the original screws that you are looking for.

Hope this helps and if you want to get rid of your "special" tailgate cover screws please let me know.

--Marc

IMG_3810[1].JPG

IMG_3819[1].JPG

IMG_3810[1].JPG

IMG_3819[1].JPG

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I went thru the same thing when I removed the drop in liner. I was able to get the screws from Ford. I had a couple extra, if I can find the bag I will post the part number.
Feel free to PM me if I don't reply today.

OP
OP

lloydr1206

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found someone that’s wanted the drop in to give me his screws for the screws to mount the liner. It ended up working out. Local dealerships said they can order the parts but I failed on my timeline so I’m glad I found this guy.

thanks for the input

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Part number is
W718344-S450B
pack of 10 screws
Tasca shows them as $1.56

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Part number is
W718344-S450B
pack of 10 screws
Tasca shows them as $1.56

Thanks for helping the OP out. Does anyone have the part number for the special screws that mount the tailgate plastic (bedliner style) cover to the tailgate? If I remember correctly they have a recessed well/washer built into the screw.

Thanks

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for helping the OP out. Does anyone have the part number for the special screws that mount the tailgate plastic (bedliner style) cover to the tailgate? If I remember correctly they have a recessed well/washer built into the screw.

Thanks
I think there is an install kit for the drop in bed liner. Maybe for F150 though, I know all the plastic parts are common not sure about the tailgate.

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Getting ready to remove my liner other than the tailgate screws which I have ordered
Anything else I need or any tip and tricks for removal?

OP
OP

lloydr1206

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting ready to remove my liner other than the tailgate screws which I have ordered
Not really, it was real simple. The tailgate cover screw bullshit was the worst part. I think there are two plugs and two bolts holding it in. Then I lifted up in the middle and it popped right out from under the rails. Pulling up in the middle of the liner was the best tip I received.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
The 2 T-shaped plastic retainers at the back are a real bitch to get out. Especially if you want to try to save them for re-use. They are not meant to be reused.
I was able to get mine out with minimal damage, but i did it last summer so they were less prone to crack.

And there is an F150 video out there that is helpful on how to remove/install
Sponsored