First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
How often do you get the "connect to WiFi for updates" message and how do you use your Ford Pass app to do the update or do you need to sit somewhere connected to WiFi? How long does it take to get the updates?
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Updating the Sync system via WiFi takes FOREVER and at least for me was only successful one time out of about a dozen attempts. Also the system has to remain powered on during the entire process. I finally gave up on updating via WiFi and went to https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3-updater/ and use that to update the Sync system when a new update is available.

OP
OP
Dave1899

Dave1899

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
Updating the Sync system via WiFi takes FOREVER and at least for me was only successful one time out of about a dozen attempts. Also the system has to remain powered on during the entire process. I finally gave up on updating via WiFi and went to https://cyanlabs.net/applications/syn3-updater/ and use that to update the Sync system when a new update is available.
Thank you for the link. What concerns me is that FORD does not have a better way to upgrade and this web site has a warning on it that says, "THIS APPLICATION (SYN3 UPDATER) IS NOT LICENSED, ENDORSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH FORD MOTOR COMPANY!"

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Thank you for the link. What that concerns me is that FORD does not have a better way to upgrade and this web site has a warning on it that says, "THIS APPLICATION (SYN3 UPDATER) IS NOT LICENSED, ENDORSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH FORD MOTOR COMPANY!"
don't go there unless you want to experiment. the ford site is https://help.ford.com/update-sync/

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
While true the software is not affiliated with Ford in any way, the files are directly from Ford.

You can get the Sync updates from directly from Ford and load them onto a flash drive, but it's a bit of a convoluted process and may not always provide the latest Sync and map updates. You can go to the link below for this. You will need to enter your vin number then manually format a thumb drive and download the files (if any are available) to it. Then go update the truck Sync system. Once done then you need to go back to the computer and upload the log file back to Ford so their system will have confirmation of the update.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

The Cyanlabs Ford Updater will have the very latest Sync3 version that Ford has out and will also allow you to update the maps if one is available for your system. Yes there is a risk, but if you follow the guide then you should be fine. In the end the update process from Cyanlabs is basically the same as from Ford directly.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for the link. What that concerns me is that FORD does not have a better way to upgrade and this web site has a warning on it that says, "THIS APPLICATION (SYN3 UPDATER) IS NOT LICENSED, ENDORSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH FORD MOTOR COMPANY!"
Have you tried the Ford owner site and the download/USB method for updates? It’s still a clunky update process but it generally works and you don’t have to worry about using the unsupported CyanLabs site.

Also, if you have Nav, map updates are on a separate Ford site.

JBacon2020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Vocational school
Didn't have a problem doing it in my driveway. Then again my Wi-Fi Router is one of those sick gaming ones that gives me good wifi connection out into the woods behind my house. Took only a few minutes

JimmConnor

First Name
Jimm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Occupation
Full Stack Developer
The fusion of customer experience and digital ticketing highlighted in this article https://attractgroup.com/blog/customer-experience-and-digital-ticketing/ is a game-changer! Streamlining ticket purchases with a focus on user satisfaction not only enhances event access but propels the entire industry towards a more seamless, tech-savvy future. #DigitalTicketingRevolution #CustomerExperienceUpgrade
Sponsored

Last edited: