Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Hi all,

first time I post here.
When I bought my Lariat about a month ago, I noticed that huge space next to the projector on the Lariat headlight housing, which was used only for turn signals.

I’m not to fond of having amber lights on my cars (comming from a JDM/Tuner background), so I turned to these forums looking for answers.

The Lariat headlight uses that bulb for turn signal purposes only. It is a double filament bulb but the socket only uses 2 cables, so it is physically impossible to run Switchback lights without updating the hardware to fit the purpose.

That said, I went and bought 2 7443 T20 sockets with an extra cable to run the continuous signal line that the OEM socket is missing. FYI you need to test the two signal cables or you will end up with the white/amber lights inverted as running and signal lights. With the sockets I bought, the blue cable is of continuous signal and the pink cable is for intermittent.

I used the t-tap/spade connectors to access the continuous and intermittent signal cables from the headlight main harness. Continuous is the first cable top left to right, and intermittent is third top left to right. This is on both headlights. This way you don’t need to cut any cables and the OEM harnesses remain untouched.

For the switchback I used 7443 type-1(turns off the white light when the turn signal is on) with error free resistor.

Only problem that remains for me is the OEM amber bulbs that needs to stay connected but hidden away to avoid the hyperflashing signal that I plan to turn off once I figure out how to connect to FORScan. If anyone can provide any insight on the use of FOREScan with an IPhone I would really appreciate it.

E81E1F33-E8F9-45EF-90DE-AE6D01580A8B.jpeg

40E1B2B8-EE40-4A7F-A4E9-5950DCAB4F21.jpeg

29E01DC9-77A5-46C6-9367-0CD01CC83B7F.jpeg

082303EA-B9A6-4142-A8FD-6CA41B7E8FAB.jpeg

2538C507-65A2-4286-AEBA-ED460B8B2FCA.png
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

shaketxavius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Paramedic
This looks fantastic.

So unfortunately I don't believe you can do anything more than read codes with FORScan for phones. You need the full app and an extended license.