ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Anyone here running this?

I want to mount 2 BajaDesigns LP6s to the front bumper and this looks to be the only solution. Over $300 seems steep, but I can't figure out any other way for mounting to the stock bumper. Looking for anyone who has this and can post up some pics.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
There's 5 existing bolt through holes...if the Bajas are too big, you can use these holes as a starting point for DIY bracket to extend outwards...
IMG_6567.JPG

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Anyone here running this?

I want to mount 2 BajaDesigns LP6s to the front bumper and this looks to be the only solution. Over $300 seems steep, but I can't figure out any other way for mounting to the stock bumper. Looking for anyone who has this and can post up some pics.

Have a look at what I did.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/dd-ss3-led-max-and-dual-pod-bracket.10183/#post-358797

Very inexpensive. No drilling. I'm using bracket extensions instead of a light bar.

This is what it looks like now.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/dd-ss3-led-max-and-dual-pod-bracket.10183/page-2#post-386603

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I did the SVC bar. But I got in before the price increase. It's very stable and will surely hold solve LP6s.

I've yet to mount any lights. I need to move my ACC, mount my front reciever hitch there, and mount my license plate to the bar yet.

Forgive the bugs, it's summer.

20220801_182042.jpg

20220801_182037.jpg

Depending on your grill setup you could do something like @TopoRanger did.

36AC7F42-97DF-46BD-80A6-6C6C8C5DAA99.jpeg

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
I did the SVC bar. But I got in before the price increase. It's very stable and will surely hold solve LP6s.

I've yet to mount any lights. I need to move my ACC, mount my front reciever hitch there, and mount my license plate to the bar yet.

Forgive the bugs, it's summer.

Depending on your grill setup you could do something like @TopoRanger did.

Glad to see there's still room for a winch! Think I'll just take the hit and get this

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Glad to see there's still room for a winch! Think I'll just take the hit and get this

There's one drawback with the SVC light bar. It covers the licence plate. It's a requirement in the state of Colorado that the plate has to be seen.

Edit

Unless you put the plate on the SVC bar itself.

Last edited:

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Is that stout enough if you bump into someone to take a hit like that? $300 would be worth it to avoid minor fender bender damage on the road or the trail.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Is that stout enough if you bump into someone to take a hit like that? $300 would be worth it to avoid minor fender bender damage on the road or the trail.
i doubt that.. it looks like it would push it right into the radiator

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
i doubt that.. it looks like it would push it right into the radiator
Yeh it doesn’t look to strong. But for $300 maybe it is solid bar stock. Shrockworks it is.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeh it doesn’t look to strong. But for $300 maybe it is solid bar stock. Shrockworks it is.
i doubt it... it just looks flimsy buuut i could be wrong

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Unless you put the plate on the SVC bar itself.
That's my plan.
It's fairly stout for what it is. My bumper work started with a fender bender...
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/think-its-totalled.17508/

This bar would've saved the fender, and the plastic piece above the bumper for sure in that accident.

It mounts at the bumper mounts so it's fairly well attached. I'm not trying to kid myself that it turns my truck into a battering ram, but it does provide some level of protection above stock.

Mostly though it's just a good, low pro, place to hang things from.

i doubt it... it just looks flimsy buuut i could be wrong

Again, my main reason for purchase was for mounting flexibility, but it seems pretty hefty to me.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's my plan.

It's fairly stout for what it is. My bumper work started with a fender bender...
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/think-its-totalled.17508/

This bar would've saved the fender, and the plastic piece above the bumper for sure in that accident.

It mounts at the bumper mounts so it's fairly well attached. I'm not trying to kid myself that it turns my truck into a battering ram, but it does provide some level of protection above stock.

Mostly though it's just a good, low pro, place to hang things from.

Again, my main reason for purchase was for mounting flexibility, but it seems pretty hefty to me.
i gotcha but i wouldnt trust that thing to not bend backwards lol but hey thats me ive been beating the crap out of a rig for 6 years now and know even steel plate bumpers flex when hit good so thats why i say dont trust it to stop much

Flowgod

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
I really like mine. It is a solid piece, I paired it with two ss3's and an 18" diode dynamics light bar
--​
IMG-3640.JPG

--​
65595411683--940AA867-1457-40DA-A30E-0875AC3605B4.JPG

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
i gotcha but i wouldnt trust that thing to not bend backwards lol but hey thats me ive been beating the crap out of a rig for 6 years now and know even steel plate bumpers flex when hit good so thats why i say dont trust it to stop much
Of course.

But the force required to bend it backwards into the bumper and plastic above the bumper would surely cause damage to the same parts if it were not there. I still make payment on my Ranger, if I'm planning on tearing shit up I'll take my YJ.

While it's not as good as a plate steel bumper for protection it's nowhere near as bad as a tow hook mounted brush guard or the like which will take out a grill with a low hit. The mounting tabs are quite thick, with a 90⁰ flange for rigidity, and the uprights are thick square tubing with solid welds.

For what it is, a good place to hang things that will also provide a slight bit of protection, you'd be hard pressed to find something better on the market. Which is likely why SVC raised the price by 50%.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Of course.

But the force required to bend it backwards into the bumper and plastic above the bumper would surely cause damage to the same parts if it were not there. I still make payment on my Ranger, if I'm planning on tearing shit up I'll take my YJ.

While it's not as good as a plate steel bumper for protection it's nowhere near as bad as a tow hook mounted brush guard or the like which will take out a grill with a low hit. The mounting tabs are quite thick, with a 90⁰ flange for rigidity, and the uprights are thick square tubing with solid welds.

For what it is, a good place to hang things that will also provide a slight bit of protection, you'd be hard pressed to find something better on the market. Which is likely why SVC raised the price by 50%.
a yj you say? i feel pics are in order sir!

agreed those push bars and stuff are just junk...

maybe but that is a rather high price haha
Sponsored