Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
@Figarou

Holy cow! Let there be light! Make sure to post some output shots of those. Sure to be impressive.

If anyone else is wanting Diode Dynamics, we've got them at 15% off this week for Black Friday! PM or give us a call to grab a set.

OffroadAlliance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2021 Raptor, 2022 F250, 2023 Bronco
I'm not saying you were afraid of the dark as a kid, but you might have been...

The Morimoto lights are still in the works. We have not heard that these are definitely slipping into January, but they might be. Still coming, but it's been a tough year for manufacturers.

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport
Last edited:

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
I just installed these on my 2019 Lariat (the SS3 Max White Fog) and all I can say is HOLY CRAP THEY ARE BRIGHT!! The factory LED's are bright but these absolutely blow them away! If anyone is on the fence (they aren't cheap) you will not be disappointed. The beams stay down in the low beam area but shoot waaaaaaay off to the sides and just light up the road!

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
@OffroadAlliance

Sorry for the delay, but I needed to do some changes.

First off, I moved the SS3 MAX from the ditch light bracket to below the bumper. I used a bracket that's meant for a 6 inch light bar from Diode Dynamics for the dual pods and used different bolts and spacers to make it fit. I'm still able to make adjustments and it doesn't touch the bumper when doing so. The ditch lights are now PROS.

I also made my own relay junction.

As I mentioned earlier, I changed the lens from fog to drives. I now have 4 pairs of SS3 MAX facing forward. Talk about BRIGHT! The street signs can blind you from the reflection!!

View attachment 64354

View attachment 64355

View attachment 64356

View attachment 64357

View attachment 64358

View attachment 64359

View attachment 64360

View attachment 64361
@OffroadAlliance

First off, I moved the SS3 MAX from the ditch light bracket to below the bumper. I used a bracket that's meant for a 6 inch light bar from Diode Dynamics for the dual pods and used different bolts and spacers to make it fit. I'm still able to make adjustments and it doesn't touch the bumper when doing so. The ditch lights are now PROS.

As I mentioned earlier, I changed the lens from fog to drives. I now have 4 pairs of SS3 MAX facing forward. Talk about BRIGHT! The street signs can blind you from the reflection!!

View attachment 64354

View attachment 64355

View attachment 64356

View attachment 64357

View attachment 64358

View attachment 64359

View attachment 64360

View attachment 64361

View attachment 64362
Unless you’re doing some serious off-roading you won’t be able to turn on 3/4 of them on while on the road. I just have to SS3 Max as my factory fog replacement and I’m getting flashed already after 2 days of having them in and I have them aimed the same as the factory.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
@Figarou thanks for this - I've been struggling to commit to my lighting since 6 months before I got the truck. Your setups are what I was wanting and seeing how you did it helped a ton. Going a little different - SS2 Pros down low and a SS5 four light amber bar with combo lens just above the bumper.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't think anyone was going to use my idea. It seemed simple enough. So I decided to try it out myself. I liked the outcome.

I could have used that SVC light bar. But it blocks the license plate. And I'm not going change out the bumper just for lights of any type.

I'm very tempted to get SS5 pods. But I already spent to much for the SS3 max.

Looking forward to seeing your setup.
I also thought about the SVC bar and came to the same conclusion. Same with the bumper.

I have to wait a little bit for that SS5 bar - I promised my girlfriend new floors and if I try to sneak that in first I'm probably going to be in trouble. I'm hoping she doesn't notice the 2s since they're so small haha.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
SS5 bar? You mean this?
https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss5-crosslink-5-pod-led-light-bar-one.html

It should work. That's if you don't have a front license plate. You'll be using only 2 extensions. It'll be occupying hole #1 and #5. Take measurements 1st. The extension is 7 inches. It's adjustable. You can tell by the slot in the picture of my previous post. It's also thick. Same as 3 quarters stacked.

And since the SS5 is so new to the market, I'm not sure if you can make it curve with the bumper. It's possible. Do some research before spending money. Oh...they do have SS3s that has backlight color options now. Just like the SS5.
Yeah, that's the system. I'm planning on a 4 light one.

Thanks for the advice - I'm sure it's going to save me some headaches for sure.

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
@OffroadAlliance

View attachment 64354

View attachment 64356

View attachment 64357

View attachment 64358

View attachment 64359

View attachment 64360

View attachment 64361

View attachment 64362
Thank you for sharing. On the SS3s paired together we’re you able to use the existing holes the black plastics pins when thru! Do the lights extend beyond the grill whole you are mounting them in? I have yellow Pro fog SS3s in the factory positions. But need more light. ?

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
@Figarou thanks for this - I've been struggling to commit to my lighting since 6 months before I got the truck. Your setups are what I was wanting and seeing how you did it helped a ton. Going a little different - SS2 Pros down low and a SS5 four light amber bar with combo lens just above the bumper.
Please share your install when you are done. I have seen picture of a light behind the grill but , are you looking at behind the grill ?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Please share your install when you are done. I have seen picture of a light behind the grill but , are you looking at behind the grill ?
I'm not. And I decided against the S5s - way too much for my normal uses. I powered them up and they are massively bright. I'm actually going to install 2 pairs of S2s (one white combo, one amber fog) in the open spot below the bumper. I'm just waiting for it to warm up enough to lay around in the garage for a day.
Sponsored