First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
a yj you say? i feel pics are in order sir!

agreed those push bars and stuff are just junk...

maybe but that is a rather high price haha
It's nothing super special. More of a cruiser than a crawler. Stock 2.5, 3spd Auto, factory axles, little RC lift on 32x10s. Here's some pics after my BIL got done working some magic on it this winter. He's our family Jeep mechanic, besides the one in the background he's got a 4dr JL Willy's and an LS swapped CJ.

20220305_132525.jpg

20220305_132513.jpg

It's mostly a daily for my daughter, but if I was planning some hairy shit, it'd be the one, because it's paid for and parts are cheap, while being an excuse to upgrade. ;)

If I hadn't gotten in on the SVC bar before the price increases it would be a tough sell for me. $200 was reasonable, $300 is less so.
Sponsored

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
It's nothing super special. More of a cruiser than a crawler. Stock 2.5, 3spd Auto, factory axles, little RC lift on 32x10s. Here's some pics after my BIL got done working some magic on it this winter. He's our family Jeep mechanic, besides the one in the background he's got a 4dr JL Willy's and an LS swapped CJ.

20220305_132525.jpg

20220305_132513.jpg

It's mostly a daily for my daughter, but if I was planning some hairy shit, it'd be the one, because it's paid for and parts are cheap, while being an excuse to upgrade. ;)

If I hadn't gotten in on the SVC bar before the price increases it would be a tough sell for me. $200 was reasonable, $300 is less so.
man that thing looks pretty clean for a yj and it actually had a hard top as well now thats getting harder to find these days!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
man that thing looks pretty clean for a yj and it actually had a hard top as well now thats getting harder to find these days!
A few minor spots of rust on the body, frame is pretty solid. It was a northern Californa/Nevada resident before I brought it out here.

It was given to us by my mother-in-law on the stipulation we never sell it. Once it's done teaching the kids how to drive it'll get a proper "build."

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
A few minor spots of rust on the body, frame is pretty solid. It was a northern Californa/Nevada resident before I brought it out here.

It was given to us by my mother-in-law on the stipulation we never sell it. Once it's done teaching the kids how to drive it'll get a proper "build."
very nice usually out here in the midwest they are rusted out pretty bad

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
I just ordered it, it was just over $400 shipped. A total rip off but I need it to mount my lights. The two local fab shops by me would've been cheaper but both are booked up for the next 2 months =[

1659627366824.png

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
Since I see quite a bit of amber in here, I've just been wondering whats the advantage to amber light vs white? Is it just personal preference? Just curious. Thanks.

OP
OP
ReigleCM

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
Since I see quite a bit of amber in here, I've just been wondering whats the advantage to amber light vs white? Is it just personal preference? Just curious. Thanks.
Amber cuts through dust better, where white light reflects off it. Better in fog, better for wildlife, less glare and reflections off of surfaces.
Sponsored