First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
On September 15th, I ordered AMP Research PowerStep Running Boards from CARiD. They happily took my money ($1,764 with taxes) and later sent an email telling me the product would ship on the 26th of September. Okay, I can live with that. So, I called them today to find out if it shipped and after speaking with what sounded like a call center in India, I was advised the new ship date is January 26th 2023. What?

I know there are supply chain issues but for any organization to take my money before shipping the product is just short of criminal. This is my first experience with CARiD but it's the last one for sure. I'm a bit upset right now but all I can say is, I think they're crooks. Now waiting for a refund. Hopefully that doesn't turn into a fight.
Sponsored

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
I know a number of people that had issues with CARiD , so I would not do business
with them.

OP
OP
FusedLogic

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
Hindsight being 20-20, I wish I had asked about them here on the forum before buying from them.

I'm very comfortable with Stage 3. Wish they sold the power steps.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
On September 15th, I ordered AMP Research PowerStep Running Boards from CARiD. They happily took my money ($1,764 with taxes) and later sent an email telling me the product would ship on the 26th of September. Okay, I can live with that. So, I called them today to find out if it shipped and after speaking with what sounded like a call center in India, I was advised the new ship date is January 26th 2023. What?

I know there are supply chain issues but for any organization to take my money before shipping the product is just short of criminal. This is my first experience with CARiD but it's the last one for sure. I'm a bit upset right now but all I can say is, I think they're crooks. Now waiting for a refund. Hopefully that doesn't turn into a fight.
Seems like it's time to write that money off, but that's just me.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I always try to pay with PayPal if possible. I've never had a problem getting refunded thru PayPal when something went south. I did order replacement headlights from CARiD for the wife's car and after 10 days they sent an email saying they were not available and had issued a refund to my PayPal account. They refunded the item price but not the shipping so I had to go back and forth thru emails a few times until they refunded the total amount. That's been my only dealings with them. Seemed a little suspect so I won't try using them again.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
I also had a very similar issue with them years ago when I first got the Ranger. IMO - Absolutely pathetic company. If anyone is considering them… don’t.

Wish you luck Fred getting your $$ back!!

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

id be grumpy too! thats crazy. I dont have anything against people in india or the place in general but, anytime I get phone support etc. and i hear the india accent and sounds my mind says scammers.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
amex is pretty good at reversing charges and sticking up for customers. sure, they hose me on the interest rates lol. but they have fixed several scams and issues for me very quickly.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a damper from them early on - I waited like 8 months until I finally gave up. If they can't fulfill orders, they shouldn't even be listing as available on their website. I will not be ordering anything from CarID anytime soon for sure.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
I've heard from enough people to never use CARiD and or Rockauto. You either never get the parts and particularly in the case of Rockauto, you get the wrong part and Rockauto will not pay for return shipping.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard from enough people to never use CARiD and or Rockauto. You either never get the parts and particularly in the case of Rockauto, you get the wrong part and Rockauto will not pay for return shipping.
I've had GREAT luck with RockAuto - never a wrong part. Totally agree on CarID, but totally disagree on RockAuto.com. They also have parts that can be hard to find. I've been able to find some parts for my 73 Capri there which are almost impossible to find elsewhere.

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
I've had GREAT luck with RockAuto - never a wrong part. Totally agree on CarID, but totally disagree on RockAuto.com. They also have parts that can be hard to find. I've been able to find some parts for my 73 Capri there which are almost impossible to find elsewhere.
Have also had good experience with RockAuto

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
same. I have never had an issue with RockAuto. Use them frequently. Just have to keep an eye on shipping costs.
Sponsored