Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
Excellent Work!
Only thing I would change is the front middle support on the hump.

Making two about 6" from the hump with a little U cut in them and you would have a great rifle storage area.
That is actually a pretty good idea...I honestly didn't even think about long gun storage as a feature.

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
CRAP!!! Shouldn’t have shown your great results to the Missus. Now I’ve gotta do the same. ?

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
CRAP!!! Shouldn’t have shown your great results to the Missus. Now I’ve gotta do the same. ?
That you thought my work good enough to show it off...color me humbled. Thank you! I'm happy that it has proved inspiring, that was my intent. Now other folks can work off my design and, as humans are so apt at doing, improve on it.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
That you thought my work good enough to show it off...color me humbled. Thank you! I'm happy that it has proved inspiring, that was my intent. Now other folks can work off my design and, as humans are so apt at doing, improve on it.
that looks really nice, i want to do something similiar, how is the noise in the cab with your set up? i took out my rear seat in the supercrew and the noise through the vents on the back wall is horrendous

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
that looks really nice, i want to do something similiar, how is the noise in the cab with your set up? i took out my rear seat in the supercrew and the noise through the vents on the back wall is horrendous
Kinda hard to quantify as I only had a rear seat for about a week. However, I decided to forego putting any sound deadening material on the back wall of the cab despite that being my original intention. As it turns out the extra dampening is not entirely necessary, couldn't have hurt but, the 1/2" plywood and cordura do a superb job of keeping things quiet.

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I bought my Ranger knowing I would be removing the rear seat. I have no need for it and a flat floor is much more useful for me. Storage along with it a bonus. Searched them internets, made a few calls and emails, no dice for anything pre made....yet. I don't hang my hat on "coming soon" or "pre-orders". So for about $300 in materials and about 24hrs labor, I solved this pesky problem....came out pretty good....in my opinion.

No physical modifications necessary. View attachment 76220 I wanted to be able to put the truck back to completely stock with no trace of modification. I used the lower seatbelt mounting bolts to secure the base and, the back is bolted to the threaded inserts where the seat back mounts were. The seatbelts were re-routed behind the trim panels. I didn't feel like re-wiring the seatbelt/airbag sensors so, I left them and worked around them. I used some of that sticky plastic protective sheeting to secure them. They now act as support for the floor. After I wrapped all of the panels I still had some fabric left so, I removed the cubbies, laid the fabric over the floor and reinstalled the cubbies. The center spine where the lids meet is secured to the sides of the base and also via brackets that use the push fasteners for the cubbies. The whole unit is super solid. The back has a hole cut for the subwoofer and folds forward for access to the jack and sub/amp, should I ever need to get at them. The front seats have full range of travel and recline. I also got a significant bump in sound deadening in the back. It's also already dog approved.

Materials used: (2) sheets of 5/8" plywood, (4) yards 1000D Cordura, (2) yards 1/8" closed cell foam (shelf liner), Rough Country molle bed rack for a Tacoma, and various assorted hardwares and adhesives. Most of the stuff I had in the garage from past projects. The rest was just ingenuity, trial and error, and a lot of experience in making something from nothing.
tempImageELkxtf.png
tempImageM2uq6i.png
tempImageTyfFY1.png
tempImage5fyWKI.png
tempImageOBlpuv.png
tempImageeP6TlZ.png
tempImageNGGmla.png
tempImageVGpEKB.png
tempImageB8nnPF.png
tempImageJGDIoE.png
tempImagedPNDZN.png
tempImagep8Q2Ca.png
tempImage7A7zcy.png
Second the, "Dude that's Awesome" comment. Where are you?
I need directions to drive to your house and give you my truck for the weekend! ?
Idk if I'm skilled enough to do that, but I think I really want to try.

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I bought my Ranger knowing I would be removing the rear seat. I have no need for it and a flat floor is much more useful for me. Storage along with it a bonus. Searched them internets, made a few calls and emails, no dice for anything pre made....yet. I don't hang my hat on "coming soon" or "pre-orders". So for about $300 in materials and about 24hrs labor, I solved this pesky problem....came out pretty good....in my opinion.

No physical modifications necessary. View attachment 76220 I wanted to be able to put the truck back to completely stock with no trace of modification. I used the lower seatbelt mounting bolts to secure the base and, the back is bolted to the threaded inserts where the seat back mounts were. The seatbelts were re-routed behind the trim panels. I didn't feel like re-wiring the seatbelt/airbag sensors so, I left them and worked around them. I used some of that sticky plastic protective sheeting to secure them. They now act as support for the floor. After I wrapped all of the panels I still had some fabric left so, I removed the cubbies, laid the fabric over the floor and reinstalled the cubbies. The center spine where the lids meet is secured to the sides of the base and also via brackets that use the push fasteners for the cubbies. The whole unit is super solid. The back has a hole cut for the subwoofer and folds forward for access to the jack and sub/amp, should I ever need to get at them. The front seats have full range of travel and recline. I also got a significant bump in sound deadening in the back. It's also already dog approved.

Materials used: (2) sheets of 5/8" plywood, (4) yards 1000D Cordura, (2) yards 1/8" closed cell foam (shelf liner), Rough Country molle bed rack for a Tacoma, and various assorted hardwares and adhesives. Most of the stuff I had in the garage from past projects. The rest was just ingenuity, trial and error, and a lot of experience in making something from nothing.
tempImageELkxtf.png
tempImageM2uq6i.png
tempImageTyfFY1.png
tempImage5fyWKI.png
tempImageOBlpuv.png
tempImageeP6TlZ.png
tempImageNGGmla.png
tempImageVGpEKB.png
tempImageB8nnPF.png
tempImageJGDIoE.png
tempImagedPNDZN.png
tempImagep8Q2Ca.png
tempImage7A7zcy.png
Attachment doesn't open!!

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Second the, "Dude that's Awesome" comment. Where are you?
I need directions to drive to your house and give you my truck for the weekend! ?
Idk if I'm skilled enough to do that, but I think I really want to try.
I'm about 2000 miles due east of you. Kinda far for a weekend jaunt. If I get some time or, the right offer...I might tear it apart and make some cut sheets so it can be replicated. I though about doing this as I was building but, I have a hard time stopping once I get going.

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Attachment doesn't open!!
The attachment is just some sort of artifact from my original post. It was supposed to be the pictures. But the pictures are all included in the post. Nothing more to see in the attachment.

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
The attachment is just some sort of artifact from my original post. It was supposed to be the pictures. But the pictures are all included in the post. Nothing more to see in the attachment.
Oh ok I can work with them, I think. What did you use to cover the plywood. So e sort of carpet?

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Oh ok I can work with them, I think. What did you use to cover the plywood. So e sort of carpet?
The fabric is 1000D Cordura. The kind of stuff that backpacks are made from. Definitely not as forgiving to work with as carpet but, it's water and stain resistant, dog hair doesn't get sewn into it and, easy to clean.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Attachments

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I'm about 2000 miles due east of you. Kinda far for a weekend jaunt. If I get some time or, the right offer...I might tear it apart and make some cut sheets so it can be replicated. I though about doing this as I was building but, I have a hard time stopping once I get going.
Well...Mom's moving out here from NC and I'm gonna have 5o go out and help
The fabric is 1000D Cordura. The kind of stuff that backpacks are made from. Definitely not as forgiving to work with as carpet but, it's water and stain resistant, dog hair doesn't get sewn into it and, easy to clean.
Did you have to order that or can I pick it up at Home Depot it Lowes?

OP
OP
Snow3d

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Human
Well...Mom's moving out here from NC and I'm gonna have 5o go out and help

Did you have to order that or can I pick it up at Home Depot it Lowes?
Might be able to scoop it up at Michaels or Jo-Ann or some other fabric store. That said, I ordered it from eBay. It was pretty inexpensive...maybe around $10/yd.
Sponsored