First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Machinist
New to the forum here and also a new ranger owner but I've noticed that no one makes a prinsu or front runner rack for the super cabs like I have, this being said I plan on building my own in a similar style to the two and was curious if there was any interest for a Supercab rack in the market. I know that with the super cabs not having a real b pillar the load capacity would be lesser than a super crew my design intent for this rack will be to mainly support lights and lighter gear such as traction boards etc.... Any ideas or concerns or comments are appreciated negative or positive! I have a background in machining and manufacturing and have access to cncs, lasers, etc... so when it comes to building the rack anything is possible! And here's a picture of my truck just to make the thread not boring! Lol
9C878DDB-3793-4CE7-9AB9-D3E350E6F07E.jpeg
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Unfortunately due to the cab design it may be a bad idea. If there is too much load there may be a chance the rear sorts may not open

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
Rhino Rack lists a platform kit for the Ranger SuperCab on their German site. Here's the link to the fitment and what it includes. The part numbers in the list all seem to work with the US site except for the RTS526 tracks.

The RTS526 tracks are 34 7/17" long. The shortest on the us site are 50' ish

Install Instructions
I dug up this info a while back. The link was dead, but I fixed it. I haven't tried this (and won't), but it is an option for SuperCab Ranger's elsewhere. Definitely harder than the instructions show it to be, but the tracks would allow one to mount all kinds of stuff even if you didn't use all the rest.

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Might not be exactly what your looking for but figured I would at least bring it to your attention.

Sherpa half rack

you could also go with their full rack and modify it.
I'm still trying to figure out what in the world that tiny-ass rack could hold (dimension wise, not weight)? A lunch box and a 4 pack of the small redbulls? lol

$899 - holy shit if I kept a running board for over-priced instagram products like they do for racetrack times this sucker would be moving up the leader board post haste.

its_so_tiny.jpg

To the OP - you are probably going to need a product that is basically a head-ache bed rack with an over the cab extension.

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I think it’s a great idea Steele. Our SuperCabs seem to have a different curve to them at the rear so trying to retro-fit an existing SuperCrew system is likely more trouble than it’s worth. The low profile design of a Prinsu-type system is so much cleaner than clamp-on legs and crossbars.

Your point about the absence of the B pillar and keeping the load light is important. I always assumed there was no SuperCab option because of the limited market but this could have been a consideration. It’s definitely not for an RTT or for standing on but I could certainly see it being perfect for recovery boards and lighting, maybe a small soft cargo bag or a Pelican case.

I’ll be watching this build with interest to see how it comes along, the placement of your mounting points, whether or not you use the roof channels, how you run the wiring, etc. Your background and access to the best tools tells me it’s going to be pretty great when it’s done.

Good luck with this project! ?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I'm still trying to figure out what in the world that tiny-ass rack could hold (dimension wise, not weight)? A lunch box and a 4 pack of the small redbulls? lol

$899 - holy shit if I kept a running board for over-priced instagram products like they do for racetrack times this sucker would be moving up the leader board post haste.

its_so_tiny.jpg

To the OP - you are probably going to need a product that is basically a head-ache bed rack with an over the cab extension.
I'm with you on the tiny rack. Basically useless when you think about it. That said they do make other good racks. That just isnt one of them....

OP
OP
Steelekj03

Steelekj03

First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Unfortunately due to the cab design it may be a bad idea. If there is too much load there may be a chance the rear sorts may not open
I've definitely taken this into consideration the rack design is mostly for lights so I can do 360 degree lighting and it will maybe hold traction boards! Lol

its_so_tiny.jpg

The roof of the super cab actually isn't too much smaller than the super crew lol but yes it will be smaller, main point if this rack is for lighting and very lightweight gear (think traction boards or something like that) lol

OP
OP
Steelekj03

Steelekj03

First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
I think it’s a great idea Steele. Our SuperCabs seem to have a different curve to them at the rear so trying to retro-fit an existing SuperCrew system is likely more trouble than it’s worth. The low profile design of a Prinsu-type system is so much cleaner than clamp-on legs and crossbars.

Your point about the absence of the B pillar and keeping the load light is important. I always assumed there was no SuperCab option because of the limited market but this could have been a consideration. It’s definitely not for an RTT or for standing on but I could certainly see it being perfect for recovery boards and lighting, maybe a small soft cargo bag or a Pelican case.

I’ll be watching this build with interest to see how it comes along, the placement of your mounting points, whether or not you use the roof channels, how you run the wiring, etc. Your background and access to the best tools tells me it’s going to be pretty great when it’s done.

Good luck with this project! ?
Duke I always appreciate your kind words and input, I didn't even think about pelican cases but it would definitely be perfect for those too!

I believe my biggest challenge will be getting it too match the curve of the Supercab lol

OP
OP
Steelekj03

Steelekj03

First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
I dug up this info a while back. The link was dead, but I fixed it. I haven't tried this (and won't), but it is an option for SuperCab Ranger's elsewhere. Definitely harder than the instructions show it to be, but the tracks would allow one to mount all kinds of stuff even if you didn't use all the rest.
I appreciate you digging up the link and fixing it, with the different roof shapes I feel it may not look great or adapt well but who knows lol I will probably reference that link though when building lol

OP
OP
Steelekj03

Steelekj03

First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Might not be exactly what your looking for but figured I would at least bring it to your attention.

Sherpa half rack

you could also go with their full rack and modify it.
Lol that thing is tiny I do appreciate you putting the link here it will definitely help when I am finalizing design and such just to see what else is out there!

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
I appreciate you digging up the link and fixing it, with the different roof shapes I feel it may not look great or adapt well but who knows lol I will probably reference that link though when building lol
Those tracks are definitely for the SuperCab, but I don't know if there are other differences between ROW and US SuperCabs (other than our trucks having metal instead of rubber strips on the roof) that would make them not work.

I guess the only way to know would be to ask RhinoRack since ordering a set from Europe or Australia just to see if they fit isn't something most people are willing to do.

Although it'd be $309 AUD ($212 USD) from these folks in Australia. https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/rhino-rack-rts526-rts-tracks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steelekj03

Steelekj03

First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Those tracks are definitely for the SuperCab, but I don't know if there are other differences between ROW and US SuperCabs (other than our trucks having metal instead of rubber strips on the roof) that would make them not work.

I guess the only way to know would be to ask RhinoRack since ordering a set from Europe or Australia just to see if they fit isn't something most people are willing to do.

Although it'd be $309 AUD ($212 USD) from these folks in Australia. https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/rhino-rack-rts526-rts-tracks
I misread your original post for whatever reason I thought they were supercrew tracks ?‍♂, for the price it may be something I'd look into as a mounting solution for my rack but I have the capability to machine similar tracks to those so it'll be something to consider this weekend when I start finalizing my design! Thanks for finding that link!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Duke I always appreciate your kind words and input, I didn't even think about pelican cases but it would definitely be perfect for those too!

I believe my biggest challenge will be getting it too match the curve of the Supercab lol
I use them (mine are Plano rifle cases) and can configure them anyway I like…

D2FD4E1E-7317-40D8-A73B-5D07F288AA13.jpeg
Sponsored