First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
🥳https://www.statista.com/statistics...h-the-most-prisoners-per-100-000-inhabitants/

Albert Einstein said once: “The definition of insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.“

seriously? I mean, haven't you noticed that your country has the most people in prison among the first world countries in the world? something like 500 per 100k inhabitants. That's at least 100 less than in El Salvador, but... the Russians only have 300...

"There's class warfare, right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's waging war, and we're winning"
Warren Buffett
This statistic is why "one party" in this country stopped prosecuting criminals an implemented no cash bail policies. The result? People stealing tail lights because they know even if they're arrested they'll be released an either not prosecuted or given a slap on the wrist. Violent criminals are walking the same day they are arrested.

I don't know what the answers are but not charging criminals so they can continue to commit crimes is an insane response.
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Start looking on FB marketplace and creigslist maybe you can find them and buy them back cheaper than new ones?
Yeah, probably buy back the stolen ones and won't even need any software setup.

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
I've joined the party also my 2020 Ranger became a victim of this increasing problem. I have changed out all the screws with security screws in hopes of at least slowing down the thieving criminals. This is a national problem. My insurance is balking at the replacement cost. I live LA county and have written the LA Times explaining the problem. The fact the thieves can open the tailgate without tripping the alarm indicates to me this is a factory flaw and should be addressed by Ford to this issue
sorry you’re dealing with this. Where were you parked when this happened? At home or at a business ? What time of day?

Curious because I live in your area. And the break ins and smash and grabs so common in the northern part of the state are starting to become more common in socal. But I don’t think it’s a national problem. Definitely worse in CA than other places I’ve lived, big cities or small. If we pretend that California is no worse than other places, we risk seeing the problem as unsolvable.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ë‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Stats and quotes are great at telling whatever story you want.
Do you have an actual solution?
Of course, imho.
but did you get what Buffet said?
Maybe you should consider making honest work so attractive that it is no longer worth the risk of prosecution for people with alternative sources of income. The Old Thestametarian threats obviously don't even remotely work. The variant of the mountain goat with the vigilante justice is hopefully not what you see as a viable option. Unfortunately, with your anti-social imperialism, you have exported this nonsense of exceptionalism to the world to a lesser extent and more successfully than the dirty fascists from my country 80 years ago... The petty criminals here in the still rich part of Europe are currently too ashamed of themselves for peanuts like car lamps. The good lighting guys from Ukraine, Poland etc. who are allied with you then steal the whole cars.

Last edited:

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ë‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
This statistic is why "one party" in this country stopped prosecuting criminals an implemented no cash bail policies. The result? People stealing tail lights because they know even if they're arrested they'll be released an either not prosecuted or given a slap on the wrist. Violent criminals are walking the same day they are arrested.

I don't know what the answers are but not charging criminals so they can continue to commit crimes is an insane response.
If “one party” in your country has the power to change the whole democracy, or whatever they call it, it’s not worth a cent anymore. Then you better think about emigration or hermitage than your taillights.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Of course, imho.
but did you get what Buffet said?
Maybe you should consider making honest work so attractive that it is no longer worth the risk of prosecution for people with alternative sources of income. The Old Thestametarian threats obviously don't even remotely work. The variant of the mountain goat with the vigilante justice is hopefully not what you see as a viable option. Unfortunately, with your anti-social imperialism, you have exported this nonsense of exceptionalism to the world to a lesser extent and more successfully than the dirty fascists from my country 80 years ago... The petty criminals here in the still rich part of Europe are currently too ashamed of themselves for peanuts like car lamps. The good lighting guys from Ukraine, Poland etc. who are allied with you then steal the whole cars.
I totally get what Buffet said and if I have to be on a side, it would be the winning one.
You see, the problem isn't that you can't get a job and work your ass off to obtain what you want. The problem is they want to pay people not to work. That leaves a person with no purpose or self worth and then they become addicted to drugs and need to steal tailights to pay for them.
So now the government will legalize drugs, have universal income and people can be stoned out of thier minds at will.
That leaves us on the winning side with fewer problems since people are too stoned to care about anything. 🤫

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Yes where is Judge Dredd these days or even Mr Majestic , think I'll pull out and read "the Oxbow Incident" for inspiration.
I guess we are at the point where standing up for yourself and refusing to be a victim can only be seen in capeshit movies and old westerns.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
If the body shop buys them, why aren't they hit with receiving stolen property? This is the thing that always baffles me. If a 'hood rat shows up at your shop with parts that have hasty tool marks all over them or a tweaker shows up at your yard with a wad of copper cable, how hard is this to figure out?
It's the same with pawn shops. If they can buy an item for $50, then resell for $500, they won't care where it comes from.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
OK, this thread has ceased to be useful. It has veered off into political discussions - locking it now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.