Stock vs Aftermarket Wheels

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
You’re right Rob, but that’s with stock wheels and their +55mm offset. Some have gotten away with slightly lower offset, but @the5Gmartian is running 0mm offset wheels.
ah, got it. I didn’t catch the offset spec. Thx
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ain't that the truth!

You start out buying your Ranger thinking this is the perfect truck until you come on here. Now you look at the thread "What did you receive in the mail today". It's like hmmm I could use a console organizer and that console pad looks nice too. Hey that phone mount is cool lets get that.

Next it's off to the tire and wheel threads and Ohhh look at those nice big tires, I gotta have those!! Then you come across the best mod of all time....The damper. :shock: Now you're in love and just have to have one of those too.??

It's a vicious cycle. ?
That must be why my rotating top banner is mostly ads from banks and credit card companies.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You need poke to match the flares though lol
I totally get it - if you don’t have sufficient poke, RTR is likely to come over and take back that wicked grille. ?

OP
OP
Silverback

Silverback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I have 265/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with the stock wheels and a 2.5" level. There's no rubbing issues and you don't have to modify the crash bars. The Nittos are much better than the stock tires and very aggressive but still very quiet on the road with zero road noise.

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg
I appreciate the feedback man, after seeing your setup I think you’re right. I’m just going to hold off on the rims for another 30k miles when I’ll need new tires n just get some 265/70/17 KO2’s and maybe some fender flares in the meantime… & spacers if needed.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I appreciate the feedback man, after seeing your setup I think you’re right. I’m just going to hold off on the rims for another 30k miles when I’ll need new tires n just get some 265/70/17 KO2’s and maybe some fender flares in the meantime… & spacers if needed.
Keep a lookout around Black Friday for the sales. Sometimes places like Stage 3 and others will have a buy 3 get 1 free sale on wheels. You can save yourself a good chunk of change if they have one this year but you'll just end up spending it on another mod. ?
Sponsored