Sponsored

Rangerruckus

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
These are proving super hard to get ahold of, I had a customer waiting a month before I just got him one of the aftermarket stage 3 options. Still no real eta besides sometime this month.. I can take pictures of these aftermarket ones I’m selling now, they work as intended

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
These are proving super hard to get ahold of, I had a customer waiting a month before I just got him one of the aftermarket stage 3 options. Still no real eta besides sometime this month.. I can take pictures of these aftermarket ones I’m selling now, they work as intended
Thanks, but I like staying with oem for the look and I hate that plug in cutout on the rear black trim.

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Seems like parts in general are either massively backordered, or nonexistent. I guess that's what you get for buying year 1 of any vehicle in a given country.

took 3 months for a half shaft, people are reporting body panels are unobtanium, par for the course.

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer's parts dept said they heard that an earlier batch was sent out he believed in late January but the holes were drilled wrong.

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear of the delay.

Unfortunately for me, I do not have that kind of patience. Since my factory trailer hitch and wire harness were part of my sales agreement, after 2 weeks and no word from the dealership ( I drove the truck off the lot Dec. 21), I became a bad customer.
It would have been nice if they would have communicated to me what was happening.

At the 2 week point, I called the salesperson and they said that the wire harness is in , hitch is back ordered. I asked for a potential ship date.
When I was told that it was unknown, I said well, since the hitch is part of my sales agreement, either pull one off a truck in your lot, or maybe I should just bring the truck back and we can start from scratch.
Some higher level person at the dealership was able to get one somehow within 3 days. The box was mangled, but not the hitch.

At 3 months, they should pull one off a truck in the lot and give it to you. they can put the aftermarket one on that truck.

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear of the delay.

Unfortunately for me, I do not have that kind of patience. Since my factory trailer hitch and wire harness were part of my sales agreement, after 2 weeks and no word from the dealership ( I drove the truck off the lot Dec. 21), I became a bad customer.
It would have been nice if they would have communicated to me what was happening.

At the 2 week point, I called the salesperson and they said that the wire harness is in , hitch is back ordered. I asked for a potential ship date.
When I was told that it was unknown, I said well, since the hitch is part of my sales agreement, either pull one off a truck in your lot, or maybe I should just bring the truck back and we can start from scratch.
Some higher level person at the dealership was able to get one somehow within 3 days. The box was mangled, but not the hitch.

At 3 months, they should pull one off a truck in the lot and give it to you. they can put the aftermarket one on that truck.
I can wait. For me, it's more for the look than function.

Jmckinley

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C Max, 2019 Ranger XLT SuperCab, Kawasaki VX 300, Mazda Miata, Damon Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Tell Ford to stuff it.
Draw Tite with higher capacity is $106 with free shipping at etrailer.com. Takes thirty minutes to install using the four existing bumper bolts.

spicydaddy

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Breakbulk and RO/RO port management
Vehicle Showcase
Tell Ford to stuff it.
Draw Tite with higher capacity is $106 with free shipping at etrailer.com. Takes thirty minutes to install using the four existing bumper bolts.
This is exactly what I did!

Jmckinley

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C Max, 2019 Ranger XLT SuperCab, Kawasaki VX 300, Mazda Miata, Damon Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Ordered mine Monday from Etrailer. Arrived today (Wednesday) @ 4:00 pm. By 4:30 it was all bolted in and ready to tow. Getting it out of the box and unwrapped took 10 of the 30 minutes. Fit perfectly, did not have to lower the spare tire. Saved $383 compared to Ford OE part.
Sponsored