Still no alternator problems. The AC compressor pulley however....

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Felt real confidant at the Richloam WMA. My brother proceeded to get his Wrangler stuck pulling me out. We had to hang out, both trucks resting on their axles for a few hours until my dad could make it out with his F150 to save the day.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I went sunday, it was extremely wet but very fun, if you're stock it is not the place to go

OP
OP
YaBoiNewton

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I went sunday, it was extremely wet but very fun, if you're stock it is not the place to go
This was my second time back to richloam since adding a leveling kit and the first time I've gotten stuck like this. I much prefer Citrus - cause less mud - but my wife is doing research on native frogs in Green Swamp so we're back in this area a couple times a year.

Frankly the only thing that would get you through this particular mud hole without a tow is a very, very tall tire. What was a solid track underwater last summer is now just loose sludge for your tires to sling away. I dug down at least a foot with a shovel to fit some boards under the tires and I still hadn't hit solid ground you could drive on. My mistake was thinking mud holes don't get deeper lol

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
This was my second time back to richloam since adding a leveling kit and the first time I've gotten stuck like this. I much prefer Citrus - cause less mud - but my wife is doing research on native frogs in Green Swamp so we're back in this area a couple times a year.

Frankly the only thing that would get you through this particular mud hole without a tow is a very, very tall tire. What was a solid track underwater last summer is now just loose sludge for your tires to sling away. I dug down at least a foot with a shovel to fit some boards under the tires and I still hadn't hit solid ground you could drive on. My mistake was thinking mud holes don't get deeper lol
Yeah and florida clay sucks your tires in and is extremely sticky lol, richloam is the only place I've managed to get stuck post upgrades, but I did drive into a literal lake lmao

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Felt real confidant at the Richloam WMA. Sank my truck up to the door sill in 20 minutes. My brother proceeded to get his Wrangler stuck pulling me out. We had to hang out, both trucks resting on their axles for a few hours until my dad could make it out with his F150 to save the day.

Video is tragic, but carpets were pulled and everything dried out. No damage, no swamp smell, mold, or sand and the alternator is charging fine. Only problem is the AC compressor pulley started whining after everything dried out - it was submerged the whole time. Scrap yard next door is conveniently selling the AC compressor for a totalled 2019 Ranger they just acquired - might grab the XL wheels wrapped in mud terrains off the truck while I'm at it!
View attachment 127241
Just curious, did you try any kind of compressed air or lubricant in the AC pulley? wondering if it just got some sand or something in it that could be flushed out.

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I drove through Richloam once when camping in the area. Very cool forest, but haven't experienced much of it. Have been to Citrus quite a few times since then. I'm not to fond of possibly getting into some deep stuff and possibly getting stuck, so I tend to stay away during the rainy season.

OP
OP
YaBoiNewton

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I drove through Richloam once when camping in the area. Very cool forest, but haven't experienced much of it. Have been to Citrus quite a few times since then. I'm not to fond of possibly getting into some deep stuff and possibly getting stuck, so I tend to stay away during the rainy season.
Agreed. Citrus is the preferred spot for the same reason, but gotta check out Richloam every now and then!

The rainy season is my Wife's window to go out and collect tadpole specimens and the Green Swamp is one of her research sites so don't have much of a choice there. Just gotta be more conservative in my trail choice lol
Sponsored